Have you had chiro/physio etc done on yourself and noticed difference in your horse?

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks! I've got an appt. with a chiropractor on Friday to see if I can straighten myself out. Rusty is extremely sensitive to minor (or what I think are minor) shifts in my seat (inadvertent on my part) and my RI thinks I sit crooked. I know I do, can feel it when I'm sitting in the car.

yes, I used to see a chiropractor quite regularly and definitely after every fall or knock that I have. My hips tend to go out of line if I have a fall and I went through a phase of falling and banging my knees (not all horse or alcohol related!:p) and it made my balance go to pot whilst riding and he sorts me out! I can tell when I need to go again because my left leg always feels shorter when I'm sat in the saddle even though my stirrups are level, so I know my hips have gone again!

Yeah I have about 5-6 years ago for my old horse. Worked wonders for him.. although she did ban me from riding for 6 weeks and had to lunge every day. She was really good and taught me exercises to do in the week in between visits - Bobby became alot free-er and lowered his head more after so some discomfort was obviously released. Deffo recommend it !

yes. i've posted several times about the benefits of my rolfing sessions and ground based 'alignment' session and transferring that to horseback. I'm very crooked so obviously that impacts on the way i sit in the saddle and what i feel is straight. my straight isn't!! so i'd created an asymmetry in my horse.

I am so careful about my horses - they have their backs, teeth, saddles, and everything else you can think of checked all the time, but I never actually think about myself.
A few weeks ago after a particularly unsuccessful schooling session on horsie, OH gave me a massage...felt well and truly shocked and the first thing he said was "How on earth do you even move with this many knots over your back and shoulders???" :eek: I felt SO much better after he'd worked them out....maybe a coincidence but horse went fab the next day :D

newrider.com