HELP PLEASE

meantobea

Jul 28, 2016
10301283_817005118350769_2936042992745125612_n.jpg 18100_936621973055749_6917705330460646350_n.jpg 18100_936621973055749_6917705330460646350_n.jpg Hi

i am new on here and would love some help and advise if anyone can spare a few minutes

| am starting to do some local showing with my 15.2 hhs Welsh X mare and was wondering which classes would be the best one's to enter i am so confused as I have people on my yard suggesting to show her as a hunter and then other saying she is more a M and M part bred.

also need to know what would be the correct turnout for both ridden and in hand classes for both of us .....This This picture is of us both last year just our yearly farm show we do. and she does look alot slimmer on that picture just need your advice

Thank you in advance 11951288_1489564394697156_2222677385650985135_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Thank you for your reply ..... i am so confused here as some are saying hunter with green tweed jacket, and Blue for M and M part bred so which colour tweed is correct also should i show her in a flat brow and nose band as the one i have is like a hunter bridle 2inc nose band

Based on your inhand pictures definately part bred classes. The horse in the ridden classs looks totally different but not a show hunter at all!!
Tweed jacket and beige trousers not riding clothes needed for in hand . Blue tweed is very old fashioned. Are you in the UK??

Neither of the bridles shown are correct for either class. No bling, flat leather , cut off the flash loop as a start

Based on your inhand pictures definately part bred classes. The horse in the ridden classs looks totally different but not a show hunter at all!!
Tweed jacket and beige trousers not riding clothes needed for in hand . Blue tweed is very old fashioned. Are you in the UK??

Neither of the bridles shown are correct for either class. No bling, flat leather , cut off the flash loop as a start
Hi yes i am in the UK

Unless you are showing at county level I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of your jacket. At local shows, the judge wants to see you neat and tidy, it doesn't really matter what colours you choose. I won a working hunter class wearing my black dressage jacket, and have won many fun in hand classes wearing my dressage show gear. People wear a wide variety of clothes, there really is no 'right' answer.x

Wear tweed, not black, as folk say, plain flat bridle, and brown gloves. But if you cannot afford new gear do the best with what you have, just add gloves and a cane to your turnout, get a plain browband for a couple of quid from W-bay and cut the flash loop off with a stanley knife. I would go for a black saddle shaped numnah too rather than the white saddle cloth.
You'd be amazed what you can get off e-bay for just a few quid.

Thank you all for your reply's every bit of advise is gratefull.

this is only a local show so my green tweed will do its really nice so hopefully will impress the judges hehehe, i have bought a flat bridle brow and nose band. canery jods, canery shirt navy blue tie gold tie pin, black long boots navy blue hat, brown gloves. brown show cane matches tack and saddle ,,,,,, for inhand the same but navy blue waist coat flat tweed cap and show cane ....

Unless you are showing at county level I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of your jacket. At local shows, the judge wants to see you neat and tidy, it doesn't really matter what colours you choose. I won a working hunter class wearing my black dressage jacket, and have won many fun in hand classes wearing my dressage show gear. People wear a wide variety of clothes, there really is no 'right' answer.x
Hi, just wanted to let you know i did really well on Sunday 31st August 2016, i came in 1st with the M and M part bred class, third for my ridden and got a 4th and a 6th as well and all the classes on average had 20 in each class :mad:)))

Wear tweed, not black, as folk say, plain flat bridle, and brown gloves. But if you cannot afford new gear do the best with what you have, just add gloves and a cane to your turnout, get a plain browband for a couple of quid from W-bay and cut the flash loop off with a stanley knife. I would go for a black saddle shaped numnah too rather than the white saddle cloth.
You'd be amazed what you can get off e-bay for just a few quid.
Hi .... just wanted to let you know i wore a tweed, and i placed first place in the part bred M and M class out of 20, third for another ridden , a forth and a fifth so not bad for our first time out :mad:)

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com