Helpppppppppppp

Tracy1

Jun 27, 2009
Cumbria
My field all 4 acres of it which I have had to divide cos I have a fattie lol, well seems the field owner enjoys emptying his sodding grass cuttings in it:eek: I have told him b4 about this and the dangers it entails GUESS what I have done today PICKED up a bin bag full of grass cutttings now I have printed off everything I can find on the subject and hope that this gets thru to him, its just ignorance I think dont think he means to colic my horse is this enough to give him the bear facts in black and white

Oh god how annoying!! I had same problem when I kept the horses at another farm down the road. The old farmer tipped his cuttings into their starvation paddock all the time, drop me nuts. Think he got the message when he saw me frantically throwing it back over the fence into his cattle! He didn't mean any harm and was trying to be nice bless him. (I wasn't trying to murder his cattle by the way, it doesnt effect them the same).

Am having no more of it there will be stern words tomorrow, my mare is my world and I will keep her safe whateva, but jeesh just wish folk would listen to what you tell them so flaming maddening:mad:
So sorry about ya mates horse

I have the same problem!!!!! The owner thinks I am being paranoid so ATM is a 'stand off' situation. I refuse to put the horses in the fields where the cuttings are and he getting annoyed coz I am using same paddocks and they are almost bear. I have told him about the risk of colic AND BOTULISM!! All he has done lately is dump the muck heap on top of them and flattened with his digger. He has lost two liveries so far but doesn't 'get' it. ??? I am at the end of my tether but have been there for 13 years and my old girl is nearly 30 and considers it her home. Apart from that the place is lovely.

Not ideal, but if you want to keep the land and peace, why not offer to removed it yourself if they leave it in bags outside the fence.

They may feel guilty watchhing you struggle to car with it to take it to dumpit site and start doing it themselves. If not, at least you have a safe horse, albeit one more job on your list.:mad:

newrider.com