Hope(less) Valley Saddlery

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I put in an order from Hope Valley Saddlery for a saddlepad and stirrup leathers on 19th Feb. Haven't received it...and have just had an email saying they're due back in stock at the end of MARCH! Absolutely abysmal service! Has anyone else had this issue with them? Why do they advertise stuff being in stock on their website if it isn't?

I've just asked for a refund Jessey. It's really annoying as I've spoken to them on the phone chasing this, and over email, and at no point until now have they told me I'd have to wait over a month to get something I've already paid for!

Reactions: Prjsmk
I've just asked for a refund Jessey. It's really annoying as I've spoken to them on the phone chasing this, and over email, and at no point until now have they told me I'd have to wait over a month to get something I've already paid for!
That's really bad if you have been chasing and they never told you it was out of stock, I would put a complaint in writing.

I bought something from them a few months ago and they were very good. I do feel your pain though on the taking money and then the item being delayed. I always seem to have trouble with Hyperdrug. They let me click on producs and buy them and then they send an automated email telling me they are expecting it back in stock!!! But what annoys me is I'd buy elsewhere rather than wait and wait!! Argh. Sorry that was ranty lol

Yes me too! I needed new stirrup leathers in particular and it's been really annoying waiting a month with my old stretched ones! It's just rude not to bother to inform customers when - if! - they'll receive their order!

Reactions: orbvalley
I've never had any problems with them either, but maybe I've just been lucky and picked stuff that they had in stock. It's how a company deals with a problem that customers remember them for isn't it? I mean if they'd contacted you straight away, apologised nicely and offered you a refund you would probably have classed them as having good or even excellent customer service (even if the stock system on the website was a bit rubbish). It's an opportunity missed for them and a damned disappointment and hassle for you!

Any chance it's a one off and has something to do with the snow?

Still doesn't excuse them not contacting you, but they may not of known themselves when the delivery was due if it had been delayed due to the weather.

They still haven't refunded me, having said they'd do it yesterday. Absolutely useless. Never using them again.

What a shame, I have used them and never had a problem ...... speed of refund much depends on their internal processes, no help to you I know but some are better and quicker at it than others......... I am surprised at the lack of communication I found them helpful - no company likes bad reviews.

newrider.com