Horse Racing

NightMare Rider

Oct 29, 2008
yh

eight belles? that was a loooooooooooooong time ago!
i think it iz quite cruel, but if they banned whips and split the track up it would be much better!

vimto92

Often indecisive...
Aug 29, 2005
I do like racing and my dream career is to work within the racing industry; who knows if anything will come of it, eh?

I do think that horses are raced too young, and I do think more of an effort should be made to find homes for those who won't and never will "make it". I think far too many racehorses are euthanised just because they aren't good enough.

I don't like the Grand National as I believe it is almost designed for horses to fall:mad:.

On the topic of whips - I don't think it is as bad as it is made out to be honest, the whips are extremely flexible and yes they will sting a bit but as long as its not excessive I don't see a problem. Jockeys have to communicate through the use of whips because leg aids are EXTREMELY limited.

horseygal90

Going
Aug 27, 2004
Let's just say I'm not a supporter of it and never will be. I don't want to go any further into it because I have done in the past and it always turns into a massive debate with people on both sides getting very upset and I don't want to be a part of that again. That's not why I use this board.