Horses at South Walsham, Norfolk?

xamy04x

Dec 13, 2008
Surrey & Norfolk
Does anyone know of any of these horses and ponies that were kept in (i think) South Walsham in Norfolk.
I believe, they had an older owner, who visited occasionally but basically left them to be run as a riding school but was quite small, about 10 (?) horses overall. I can't for the life of me remember the RI's name but she was brilliant. I have NO idea if the stables/horses are still there or not.

My favourite ponies there were Charlie, a little dirty-grey thing who was such a sweetie and very very fast! Quite stocky, looked a bit like a bigger shetland but was still really small. And Danny, small chestnut, who was bought into the stables at a later date and they had to fix a plank of wood across his stable door because he'd always jump over the door!

The other horses I can remember are Dolly (very big coloured) Zander (?) who was also massive (at least 17hh) black with white markings. And Blue, gorgeous grey who was quite grumpy if you went in his stable...but lovely to ride...

The horses were all pretty crazy and had a very tight bond, I remember if any of them went out and one or 2 were left in the stables they would go crazy, rearing up and trying to jump out of the stables!
I learnt a lot there, doing jumps that were scary high! and had lots of fun having lessons in the school but we also used to hack out and gallop across the stubble fields! My mum used to ride Zander and had a terrible fall from him but loved him.
Great times at this little stables and would love to know how all the horses are now!

newrider.com