Horsey things you dont like the smell of

ks01

Jan 3, 2009
Langley, Berkshire
Following on from the weird horsey smells you like, I though i would start this one.

For me i cant handle the smell of burning hoof/hot shoeing, it makes me feel ill, also i cant stomach the smell of pigs :poop: (not exactly horse related)

:happy:

I'm not a fan of the smell of chestnuts being picked off. Other than that I can pretty much deal with anything other than my girl f**ting in my face though but that's just plain rude :yellowcarded:

Wee shavings when you dig them out in the morning - yucky!

Being trumped on when picking feet out - yuck!

Livery smelling fresh poops! (Sometimes smells like liver for some weird reason)

Don't mind the smell of the actual pigs, just pig s h *t stinks!

Sheep sh1t smells when it gets on your shoes and you tread it into the house!

Used to hate the smell of garlic when I fed it ours - don't bother with it now tho.

Not much to be honest . . .

. . . hate the smell of wee-soaked shavings/straw, and not overly partial to the ProFeet supplement Kal is currently getting . . . very pongy!

Oddly, I don't mind the smell of horse poo . . . even when fresh . . . :redface:

N

Burning hoof.... bleurgh!!!

Ammonia when mucking out from overnight...

Thrush!!!

I'm not that keen on the smell of a sweaty horse either, if I'm honest.....

i hate the smell of haylage too! always reminds me of the place i learned to ride. That stank of it and we'd come away reeking. yuck!

Yes I've heard that thrush is an absolutely rank smell - I thought Roxy had it once although turned out she didn't it was just all the crap that came out when I scraped all the sh!t from her clefts.

*Heaves*

can't stand the smell of farriers formula. I'm not keen on the smell of thrush either. I don't mind the smell of burnt hoof nor the ammonia smell.Nothing better for clearing your nose when you have a cold:giggle:

Like Flipos Mum it's the awful strong & long lasting smell from sheath cleaning.If I've been foolish enough to do this job without rubber gloves the smell lingers for hours , very slimming though as there is no way I could put food into my mouth if it entailed raising that dreadful smell under my nose bleugh !!!!!!

in this instance i am blessed with a very bad sense of smell, as such there isnt really much i smell to do with the horses, the only thing that i seem to pick up on is the smell when you pick out a hoof, not good!
I am lucky that i dont smell ammonia, so i can muck my very messy mare out without issues, when i went on holiday the girls who did it said they had to hold their breath!!

newrider.com