hot cloth or bathing

I'd hot cloth personally at this time of year, I only wash the hunters legs and bottom of the tail if needed, maybe once every 3 weeks but they have a hot horse shower so it's not so bad but for body etc hot clothing works great and I pop baby oil on legs and mud just drys and brushes off for the most part and a plait in the tail also helps :)
Have fun at the show :)

Last edited:
Unless you are lucky enough to have warm water and a solarium I would hot cloth, it just takes so long for them to dry when soaked through.
Xmas show sounds fun :)

Reactions: Gimp
I do a full bath and the final rinse is warm water, the initial is lukewarm then do a quick scrape and rug up well and never had an issue.

I would hot cloth, it usually gives a really good sheen, we never bathed in winter, no need when nice and clean under rugs. Do some really good grooming through the week also. Tail lower legs we bathed if needed.

Sox will be out until around 2 ish on the Saturday and he will probably be covered in mud. Well his legs will! Would you just let them dry or wash them? Z

I think Id be inclined to wash the legs pending on how muddy, or at least his 'sox :D' !I guess alot matters on what happens on the day !

I'm just going to hot cloth and 'bath in a bottle' Magic to get as much mud, scurf and grease out of his coat before I full clip him at the weekend. Far too windy up here to pressure wash him with cold water

What's the classes?
Bring in, brush like mad, plait and hop on :)
I dont have mud monster.

I have feather busters :) Accidentally discovered but couldn't be without.

newrider.com