How much does your horse weigh???

Puzzle and Me

Apr 9, 2007
Interested in your horses height, breed and what he/ she weighs. Post your details and we'll all compare.
Ours is 14.3 irish draught cross dales coming in at 414 kgs

Last edited:
Forest is a 16hh thoroughbred and weighs just under 500kg (think its about 470/480kg).

He is under weight though and he is getting better, want him to be above 500kg ideally.;)

roughly as tapes are not accurate , jay is id x tb 17hh and 574kg , fizz is welsh sec a 11.1hh and 220kg :)

As of easter this is 100% accurate as weighed on proper scales at vets.....7yr 17h idxtb, just coming back into work from time off not carrying any extra fat 610kg, think should be about the 650 mark in a month or two :)

Ace last weigh taped at 565kg but being welsh D x TB he's about right I think. He's a sturdily build lad and doesn't look fat even tho he's only 16hh

Cheyenne the 14.1hh lightweight cob x tb always taped at 385kg underweight but you couldn't get weight on him for love nor money!

Kia on the weigh tape is about 500kgs hes a welsh sec D x TB

Nikki xxxx

weigh taped - harry (14.2 arab) weighs 406kg, dawn (31yo 14.2 arab) weighed 368kg but she has put on weight since then (fortunately)

He's about 625-650kg, haven't weigh taped him but my mum weighs about 10 horses a day on a proper weigh bridge so she's pretty good at estimating! :p

mac is 17.2hh idxtb and weighs 590kg on weight tape, i think he still needs a load of weight. some peoples disagree

would be interested in getting him done on a weigh bridge

My mare when at a correct weight for her heigh weighs around 545kg, she is a 16.3hh IDXTB.
Currently she weighs around 495-500kg.
These measurements were all made with a weight tape so not totally accurate.

Guess who bought a grazing muzzle today :rolleyes:

I put a grazing muzzle on my HW cob today and after 15 mins took it off, I didnt have the heart and he was desperately trying to get rid of it, so I divided his field instead with elec tape.

Soft git that I am :eek:

My boy is about 15.2 /3 and the weight tape had him at about 550kg, not sure if that is about right for his size or not :eek:

newrider.com