how well will my girls do at showing...seriously

K

Kate&TheHerd

Well I am thinking of doin a bit of showing...please can you have a look and let me know if we have anychance/how we'd get on. seriously! thanks

My girl annie

000_0256.jpg

100_6418.jpg

Photo-0429.jpg

My 21 month old

Photo-0522.jpg

Photo-0435.jpg

Photo-0564.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They both look lovely, it all depends on the classes you want to do I'm assuming with your annie your ridden mare that you would be doing equitation and possibly a working hunter class. Annie looks like a lovely heavy hunter to me and I would imagine would do well.

And then breed and youngstock classes for your youngster, depends on breed of your youngster.

How big is Annie ? Depending on height she'd could go in cob classes (although at local level height won't matter and if you did affiliate Maxi-Cobs are available for over height cobs)

No idea about the baby - is she an ayrab ? Depends on her breeding as what classes..

sorry should have given more info! annie is approx 14.3, and she is a hw cob. what classes could i do with her?

Indy my baby is half tb x hano/nf

we will just be local level...for now!

sorry prev comment wasn't helpful :)

Annie could do cob class & possibly local coloured (she looks historical from here but obviously you'll know). If she jumps, then go for hunter classes .... Basically open a local showing schedule and see what she is eligible for, do a few classes, see what the judges say and take it from there!

The baby I think will do great in hand for local performance/future sports horse/youngstock classes ... She looks like she'll be quite typy when ridden!

hehe no sorry only 14.3 but she is a big girl! yes your right she is a coloured...though not many people believe me!

quite typy, sorry what does this mean, i know, i know...sorry:rolleyes:

I think your cob could do very well but they also judge manners and movement in the ring aswell. Practise your show and get her standing correctly etc and you should do well. I like her!

beautiful horse, I thought she was around 16 hands aswell! In canada I would say equitation, hunter, and even local/fun dressage shows. I would go into everything you know and just have fun. For the baby I would go into some inhand shows so he gets used to the action and chaos of teh show grounds, In Canada we have halter,showmanship and in hand trail classes for the horses including old and young.

Another NR who thought Annie was 16hh+ lol.

She looks gorgeous. Hunter would be a good idea :D

Jen
x

Thanks, Iv got a lot to do to get her ready, well not lots actually I just get so nervous. I was thinking WH as well, how hight are the jumps generally for this?

newrider.com