I’be found actual rocking horse poo.

HaloHoney

Apr 30, 2017
I have found:
A teenager who respects the fact that she is about to be given the equivalent of the keys to the 1961 Ferrari 250GT California from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
Who lives a 3 minute walk from the yard.
Who rides excellently.
Who adores my horse.
Who wants to ride whenever I am not riding.
Who has excellent stable management skills.
Who had the ride on another horse who she still loves (and can see his box from my boy’s box).
Who is absolutely lovely and wants to help me get Flash to how he should be, and has the skills to do so.
Whose trainer worked with my horse and his previous owner for 7 years.
Who has a lovely Mum.
Who has signed a sharer contract and my boy comes off working livery as of 21st May.

So excited. I think they look good together. It’s worked out brilliantly for all 3 of us. Here’s to summer!

1637C55A-27DF-4C6B-B133-B49C9BEC78FD.jpeg

Brilliant news, glad to hear he's coming off working livery I think you'll find it easier to get him how you want him schooled now.

Reactions: HaloHoney
Honestly it’s been a really easy decision.

When he was on DIY over Christmas coming back into work, I got used to it and bought everything he needed (feed bins, buckets, scoops, etc). I didn’t get rid of them. He’s been WL so has been ticking over ok, but not exactly where I want him.

I’ve not advertised him because I didn’t want to have to say no to a load of 13 year olds.

I wanted to see someone ride and then have a chat.

Sharer was working at the yard one Saturday and I overheard her talking to one of the 13 year olds saying “I really want to get a horse so I can ride but that’s not going to happen.” I walked past and said “Looking for a sharer for Flash. Just saying. :)” and walked off.

She then asked a few questions, then a few more. And a few more. And I asked if she’d ridden him, she said no, so I arranged for her to try him last Wednesday evening. She got on him, within 10 metres said “Ooh I like this.” After a while got him trotting, said she wasn’t getting the work out of him that she’s seen me get, but still. Then had a canter, and after half s lap of the school said “OH I LOVE HIS CANTER.” I was looking on like a proud Mum. Then I suggested she jump him. And her grin got wider, and wider and wider when she realised what she was sat on.

I insisted I meet her Mum, just to make sure she was happy and knew I wasn’t taking advantage of an enthusiastic 16 year old (who is as it turns out, 4 days younger than Flash). Her Mum “doesn’t do horses” yet was cuddling him after 5 minutes. Mum and sharer can’t believe the deal she’s got on such a quality horse with a nice owner who isn’t looking to screw people for money. I can’t believe I’ve got an amazing sharer who will cherish my boy like he deserves.

It’s like all the jigsaw pieces suddenly fit together without me even trying.

newrider.com