I am an angry wasp..............

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, that's what I must come across as today!lol. (See my ranty walkers thread). Anyways, my next problem and rant is the MICE!
They are really not playing fair at all. I had humane traps - they were slow to bait any of them, the last one gorged itself on jam and was none the worse for wear and I have to confess:tongue: I let it go in the neighbours field! Hahahahaha. But, we appear to have some more. They ate one of my cloth sheep (well, not completely but had a good go) and the other day, they had attacked Barry Black the cloth horse. Not good. Then, worst of all, they have infiltrated my Ariat boot box and actually attacked Warm whiskers (she is a soother filled with wheat - obviously yum to mice). So, I have set the traps. :ninja: I have declared war. No mercy and no prisoners. They need eradicating. I just hope I don't step into the one nearest the bed when I get out by mistake:unsure: now that will hurt.....................:hot: Anybody any hot tips for mice control (can't have a cat as OH allergic).

Well is there any chance you can get yourself a pine marten to stalk around the place? We haven't had any mice in the barn, stables, sheds or the house since our one started stalking the area. I though my JRT was good, but this little killer is unstoppable!:smoke:

!!

If you have a friend with cats ask them for their used cat litter,the smell is well known not only for scaring off rats/mice but preventing them breeding. We scatter our used indoor cat litter near doors of feed rooms to reduce the rat/mice population!

Maybe the unseasonal bad weather is bringing them in. Probably not enough to eat out doors with the snow you have.

Unfortunately the only effective thing I can suggest is bait. I hate using the stuff. Very occasionally I have to use it in the feed room.

I believe rentokill do some humane mouse traps (not the snappy type) that you lay along the mouse runs. We had them at some porta cabins I worked in and they where most effective but a little pricy. Look on the web site.

I can't recommend a cat for mice....mine used to bring them in alive then drop them and it would be down to the JRT to catch them.

Are you feeling grumpy? I had a real grumpy day yesterday for no real reason, I just couldn't shake it. Everything was getting on my nerves lol.

Well is there any chance you can get yourself a pine marten to stalk around the place? We haven't had any mice in the barn, stables, sheds or the house since our one started stalking the area. I though my JRT was good, but this little killer is unstoppable!:smoke:

Hehehee, what a good idea!!! Lol, we had a resident weasel which came in the spring and caught mice on a daily basis, we used to see its tummy in the beams overhead in the bathroom (there are large gaps!) but stupid neighbour shot the weasel and now we are all over run with mice!!!

newrider.com