I did a cross country competition!!!!!!

pepsimaxrock

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
- a hunter trial - at the weekend. It was such a tiny course and Max was a bit naughty - napping back to the start. But the organiser caught him and helped us over that jump and on our way... and it was great fun.
I went with a young friend from the yard who did the mid height jumps - and then we did the pairs together at the higher level - with my friend leading me round.

What a buzz - I still cannot believe I did it, nervous ,middle aged old me and my middle aged cross country machine xxx

Some pics

Attachments

• IMG_4847.jpg
    IMG_4847.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4891.jpg
    IMG_4891.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
just a shame it was so windy I had to take off my hat silk

Here's some of our practice session the day before as well - we are lucky to have an ex BE course at the yard

Attachments

• IMG_4527.jpg
    IMG_4527.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4537.jpg
    IMG_4537.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4699.jpg
    IMG_4699.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4735.jpg
    IMG_4735.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 34
Well done you. :dance: I used to take my mare and granddaughter to hunter trials and they loved them. It is good that they have different heights of fences too so that everyone can compete no matter what their or their horses experience. I just wish I had had my camera handy at the second hunter trial my mare did with granddaughter on board. Of course Milly my mare had done one hunter trial at this particulat location so knew that when she was stood waiting at the start gate a hooter would go before she could set off. She got so excited while waiting that she got her legs in a tangle and dropped to the floor with granddaughter on board then shot up again. Grandaughter still on board and Milly probably highly embarrassed.:redface: I was really proud of them though when they came 3rd out of 53 entrants at only their second attempt. :dance:

That looks fab fun,and huge respect to you for having the confidence to give it a go!!

Never too old to try new things as they say!! Lovely pics and both looking great,bet you haven't stopped grinning yet:wink:

O/T and just because I'm a nosy whatnot:redface:,is there any news on the sarcoid?? Was interested to hear what the mystery human product vet recommended was.Apologies like I said am just nosy,but is always good to know stuff for future reference,if you get a minute to update your other thread sure it would be useful for others and satisfy my curiousity lol

Hope all is well on that front anyway,he certainly looks well in those pics anyway!!

Well done again,be no stopping the pair of you now,look forward to pics of your next daring adventures:biggrin:

Oh that's great, well done! Your lovely boy looks as if he is enjoying himself.

I particularly like the picture from behind, thundering towards the next jump! Awesome!

I like the one from behind too - we were thundering to the finish... its my profile pic on fb.

Thanks for all your lovely comments, friends. You've made me very happy - Max loves to jump, I couldn't just let him slide into retirement without a few more jumpies.

newrider.com