I do not need another horse...even a palomino

THeres something about a pally that gets me ! I saw one recently that was rescued from a hoarder in wales.. a colt - wild and untamed! He looked identical to a horse I used to have though! I was smitten. Theres no way on earth I could get him! but if I was in the position to and able! I would of allowed my head to rule my heart!!!!

ETA: Meant heart to rule my head !!!

Priced quite low, and 'not a novice ride.' No pix of her actually being ridden, and she is 8. I am guessing the 'genuine reason' for sale (aren't they all 'genuine'?) is that she's a nutter. A beautiful one, undoubtedly!

Last edited:
She is beautiful and I am another worshiper of all horses palomino. But she does seem rather cheap even if she isnt a novice ride. I wonder if she has spent some years chucking foals out or something? Sometimes, brood mares being brought back into work can be the devil's own spawn.......but she is very nice even so.......:smoke:

I must agree with Squidsin and Mrs C really. Generally if they are broodmares there is generally a reason for it, and not a novice ride would rather alarm me really.

Very pretty field ornament though!!!

The not a novice ride does not worry me too much, I have access to a great rider 3 or 4 times a week. I wont judge/presume things her from a small advert though, will get in touch with her owner for the full story..(or sellers full story anyway:happy:)

Funny though that 'not a novice ride' puts so many people off, my horse was described as not a novice ride and is not one, he is great, just green, but he is a confidence giver so he suits me.

Last edited:
The not a novice ride does not worry me too much, I have access to a great rider 3 or 4 times a week. I wont judge/presume things her from a small advert though, will get in touch with her owner for the full story..(or sellers full story anyway:happy:)

Yes!:dance: I said all the sensible and reasonable stuff.......but I was never sensible or reasoned about a horse when I was as young as you either!:biggrin:

I have no idea if it is a real pally if it is dappled, but I love the dappling - I have had a couple of palominos that dappled in summer. I love it but I suppose if you are truly fussed about genetic disposition and what she might throw with certain stallions then it might be an issue. Will be interesting to hear some informed opinion on the colouring.:smile:

This to me is a palomino

63613_841210028198_1637104_n.jpg

Please excuse daughters ancient and ill fitting BP, taken from jumping practice when daughter was about 10!!!

Until we get Chevs's authoritative opinion - if the advertised mare isn't a palomino then what is she?:unsure::biggrin:

my pally had dapples in the summer:help:

Winter coat
KAI4jan.jpg

Summer coat

Kaijjune08019.jpg

Kaijjune08020.jpg

Last edited:
She is still very pretty whatever she is!!!

I think you should buy her Nat - she is not a lot of money, and you have hankered after a palomino for a long time ..................!!! And as someone else said, if you have three - whats another one?

newrider.com