I think it has come too soon

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Winter that is. My poor boy panicked during the night and broke through a fence. Given himself a scare and gashed his leg. Fortunately it was below the knee and not on a joint. I bathed it and had a good clean - Mr Trews has bandaged him and put a sterile dressing on. He was a good patient, bless him. He got a ginger biscuit:)
But it made me realise how soon this has come. Normally when it's rough weather we have him in part of the byre, but with madam box resting we need a more solid partition. I thought we could get it done before the clocks change and be fine. Now I know it needs doing sooner. So ordering wood tomorrow morning.
Anyone else feeling a definite change atm?? I have long since given up on the mud already here:(

It’s cold here. Kia was shivering the other day despite being in His stable with ad-lib hay feeds and a thick straw bed.

Cold here too certainly at 6.00 am
I’ve had to dig out my warmer jods, fleeces, gloves and woolly hat! My hand and foot warmers are at the ready, I don’t like winter cold.
Glad Zi didn’t do himself too much harm x

Cold here too certainly at 6.00 am
I’ve had to dig out my warmer jods, fleeces, gloves and woolly hat! My hand and foot warmers are at the ready, I don’t like winter cold.
Glad Zi didn’t do himself too much harm x

Yes I've fished out all my gloves already. My thumb split is so painful. Got to keep it covered with rubber gloves as one year it got badly infected.

It’s that time of year here where you don’t know what rug, if any, to put on. It can be warm enough in the evening but freezing cold by morning.

I have to say though that the weather has generally been pretty decent by us, since we got over the recent blip with Storm Ali. It’s definitely autumnal, but that’s ok.

Glad Zi is ok.

Poor Zi, hopefully it will heal quickly. Mud already that must be awful only being autumn.
Definitely getting nippy but it's been dry for the last week. We might catch a brief bit of rain for a couple of hours tonight but I'm leaving the rugs off until the rain really arrives. Last week during the day on tuesday the boys were sweating badly under there rainsheets. So I've left them off since.
I moved them to a new paddock at the weekend, so they are now as near to the house as I can get so I will be able to see them twice a day and I can whip rugs off during the day and slip on again at night if needed. Yippee. They have loads of grass as no animals have been on the field since we cut for hay in June. Another reason to leave the rugs off as they are looking well covered currently, so they can move around to keep warm.

Hope Zi is still doing well.

It's been cold at night here but with a lovely warm few hours in the afternoon. I've been staying at the field and my shed is very cosy but if I need a bathroom visit in the middle of the night let's just say it's done very quickly :rolleyes::oops:o_O

It's been cold at night here but with a lovely warm few hours in the afternoon. I've been staying at the field and my shed is very cosy but if I need a bathroom visit in the middle of the night let's just say it's done very quickly :rolleyes::oops:o_O

Hehhee, yes I can imagine being quick during the night:p

Well least it's calm today. Yesterday we could hardly stand at one point. Zi looks most relieved!!! Going to take the madam for in hand snacks - first time since she re injured - wish me luck!

Reactions: Jessey
Sooo glsd your calm.

We have gotten cooler even a bit chilly some mornings.
Its nice to feel good to be in the sun.

We have had a lot of nasty thunderstorms
At night the last week or so with torrential rains.
And a lot of misty gloomy weather when it's not raining.

Reactions: Trewsers

Your toilet is outside?

Weather is weird.
Part of the day it's short trousers and sleeveless t shirt! Yes you read that right.
Flies and knats are out, nobody rugging at all. Just moved onto Autumn grazing.

I know I put my shorts on in the morning to go to work and think am I going to regret this. But mid afternoon I'm sweating buckets.
The boys are sweating loads. I only clipped chunky 3½ weeks ago. You can barely see the clip lines on his legs. I really need to do him again. Just waiting on my clippers to come back from service and sharpen.

I know I put my shorts on in the morning to go to work and think am I going to regret this. But mid afternoon I'm sweating buckets.
The boys are sweating loads. I only clipped chunky 3½ weeks ago. You can barely see the clip lines on his legs. I really need to do him again. Just waiting on my clippers to come back from service and sharpen.

What?????????? Shorts?????!! Omg you'd expire here in them atm.

newrider.com