I think I've discovered Belle's past.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Well today I decided to have a bit of a play in the school, we've been having lessons and working on getting Belle more forward and working into a contact, with some occasional success but not a lot.
However today I just hadn't got the right mind set and decided you know what I'm not going to try and 'ride' her I'm just going to blow the cobwebs away and ride like I used to as a kid, well we had a hoot, I have discovered that Belle can turn on a sixpence, bomb around flat out when she wants too, stop in a nano second and completely focus on her direction without much interference from me.
I have a feeling she may have done pony club in the past, she was so much fun and full of life, we had a really good fun session changing direction and speed and a bit of pole work, stopping and starting as if we were doing pony club games, weaving in and out of the poles at various speeds it was fab! lol
I love that little girl and she clearly enjoys flying about unencumbered on a fairly loose rein, back to proper 'work' tomorrow or maybe we'll just go for a hack instead. Maybe she's a bit long in the tooth to start working properly now.

Sounds like you had a splendid time!!!! I think you should just do as the mood takes you! Hack or school, you sound like you're having a good time and surely that's what it's all about. Very envious of you too - I have to go back quite a few years to remember the last blast Storm and I enjoyed!!!

newrider.com