I went for a hack and I saw

Ha ha this is like a 'Where's Wally' picture for nature lovers, I had to get my OH to find it as I couldn't see it - even with my glasses on!

We have a fishing pool at the bottom of our field. This photo was taken just prior to us moving in, back in April (you can't currently see the water from the stables due to grass growth around the banks)

20161001_101945-800x635.jpg

We get lots of dragonflies darting around as well as herons flying about....they're huge!!

I did worry about mozzies but thankfully i haven't seen any.

Reactions: Trewsers
We are very lucky, we live in suburbia and have a small pond in our garden and yet we get dragonflies every year who lay their eggs in our pond and once the larvae are mature they crawl onto our garden fence to hatch out - I really wish I'd taken photo's of them emerging, I've sat and watched them unfold and dry out their iridescent wings in the sunshine before they fly off, nature is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
We are very lucky, we live in suburbia and have a small pond in our garden and yet we get dragonflies every year who lay their eggs in our pond and once the larvae are mature they crawl onto our garden fence to hatch out - I really wish I'd taken photo's of them emerging, I've sat and watched them unfold and dry out their iridescent wings in the sunshine before they fly off, nature is a wonderful thing isn't it.

That sounds truly wonderful, I would love to watch them.

Sounds like this could be a game!! (Don't think I've ever seen a dragon fly! It looks pretty huge!! )
There are two spots I can stop and watch them. They are an inch or two I suppose.
I saw a damsel fly as well earlier in the year, smaller, but I still got a photo.

newrider.com