I went hacking!

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
For the first time in months!

Hacking alone is not an option for me so all my riding has been lessons in the school. Then today RI asked would I like to hack out round the fields. So I thought why not? I have someone with me who can cope if I do have a seizure and the weather was perfect for hacking.

And it was great! We passed the geese, the ducks and the coots in the lake, met all the other horses, and had a couple of trots and a lovely uphill canter. The only downside is that I have forgotten how much fun hacking can be. I need my own personal foot soldier!

Is there no- one who would walk with you whilst you ride? My OH often walks the dog whilst I ride, and I have walked alongside riders at various times, for various reasons.....to get rider over nerves, to get horse used to new area, and even just for a chat and catch up.

OH is disabled and can't walk far. And we're on a rented field not a yard so the only other person around is the girl who owns Wussy Warmblood and she lives twenty odd miles away and doesn't drive. If we were on a yard it would be a different story.

newrider.com