I wrote something

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Completely un horse related...

Last night I felt full of vim and vigour and decided to walk to my Tai Chi Sword practice, a mile and a half away across the Heath.

I walked, had a great class, walked back through the dark and the stars. When I got home I wrote this. I thought I would share it. Enjoy!

Winter night, cold and clear, new moon.

From Tai Chi practice in the village hall

I head home across the heath, sword at my back,

Headtorch lighting me under the dark pines.

On the crest of the Heath the trees fall back.

The sky opens, Orion rising at my left hand,

Cassiopeia above me. I quench the torch: they leap to life,

Blazing over the dark trickle of tarmac.

I stop. My breath fogs.

I draw my sword.

Another me steps darkling onward,

Starlight on my blade.

Ok I’m lost, why not legal?
I suppose someone waving a sword around? My husband used to do all sorts of martial arts, and a workman who came to the house visibly paled when he saw butterfly knives, broad sword, and spears in his study.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
I thought you meant an imaginary sword not a real one! Wow, I love your poem by the way.
@Doodle92 , @Huggy , @Skib, @Myfellpony, I practise Tai Chi Sword, like this
(though my master is better than that lady) and I have a real metal sword. Students often practise with wooden swords but metal handles much more crisply and has better weight distribution. It's illegal to carry a naked blade in a public space.

I have just bought a proper carry bag for my sword. On Monday night it was just in its scabbard, strapped to my back like a ninja :cool:

Reactions: Kite_Rider
@Doodle92 , @Huggy , @Skib, @Myfellpony, I practise Tai Chi Sword, like this
(though my master is better than that lady) and I have a real metal sword. Students often practise with wooden swords but metal handles much more crisply and has better weight distribution. It's illegal to carry a naked blade in a public space.

I have just bought a proper carry bag for my sword. On Monday night it was just in its scabbard, strapped to my back like a ninja :cool:
In all seriousness it look amazing, graceful and beautiful.

In all seriousness it look amazing, graceful and beautiful.
It is, and it's superb for balance and general strength and stability. I am a rank beginner but I love it and am starting to get the hang. It's like riding though, you can practise every day for 100 years and you'll still be working on it!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com