if all children could watch and learn from this one

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
While browsing on you -tube earlier looking at all sorts of Natural Hormanship videos and clips i came across this one and thought to myself 'there one to watch for the future' if only all pony mad children could learn to respect ponies and work with them like this ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttMQhsegOk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

What a clever,cute little girl it was lovely to watch her work with that horse :D all that in a 5 year old....

Aww bless, such a sweet thing to watch.

Not for me personally to have a 5 year old handling a horse that size, dont care how laid back the horse is.

Last edited:
Perhaps its me just being miserable, but I personally don't see
anything 'wonderful' in that.

Horse is way too big, thankfully knows his job 110% and is a totally
laid back character.

Its 'cute', yes, but only because the Horse has been so well trained:)

I think she has done very well:). I like the ammount of confidence she has with the horse.

The horse probably isn't actually that big.....my 7 yr old makes my 13.3hh look massive.

I think having a well trained horse to spend time with is probably a bonus regardless of its size. Sometimes its the small ponies that can be the worse.

Me either, the horse did look very well trained and laid back, but my horse is incredibly laid back. No way in hell would I allow a 5 year old to handle him.

I know this sounds really critical of the mother, and assuming she has only handled that horse in her short life and it's her mothers/family members, she's bound to be confident ?

That horse is so placid it could almost pass for dead :rolleyes: If the girl was put in the same situation with a less placid character, she could be in real danger.

I don't like seeing videos like this to be honest. It worries me that some parents can be so complacent about very young children. At the very least I would want to see the girl wearing a riding hat and a pair of gloves...

The way a horse responds to things is not always indicative of its handler's ability or talent.

newrider.com