I'm feeling pretty mean right now!

Kylie Chamberlain

Crazy horselover
For a couple of weeks I leased Tucky, a palomino horse who hated everyone and everything. He would bite all my friends horses and sometimes if I wasn't paying attention ME!
I didn't like thins, but I was detirmed to find a nice part of this nasty horse (If there possibly could be!) so I kept on leasing him.
But he was really getting on my nerves, because when I rode him he was always obedient (well after a rocky start) and when someone else rode him, he'd chop down on the bit and do whatever he liked. not last Saturday, but the one before he bucked my best friend off in the paddock. Was just trotting along and went into a funny dancing thing, and then did a giant buck!
I was so mad!
The next day I took him to a show. He wasn't an experienced floater and he wasn't happy, until his friend went up too.
When we got to the show to my dismay, Tucky was just following my friend's horse around. Three of my friends were there, so evrytime one came into sight he'd spin on his quaters and dash after them!
Tucky is extremely strong and I did everything I could to control him (even my instructor admitted he was dangerrous!) I guess the worst part of the day was when I tried to get Tucky to walk away from his friends (who were standing by the ring) and he went crazy, almost kicking all the pretty little show ponies and owners watching the current event!
You should have seen the dirty looks all the mothers were giving me! I wanted to disappear!
I din't do alot of classes that day, simply because, Tucky would follow Jewel, Shilo and Fad (his friends) around and also because I could not stop him!
I took him for a canter in the huge 5 acre warm up area and he (despite being asked many times) would not stop until Fad and Shilo did.

That was it really. When we got back that night, I said I didn't want Tucky anymore, and really nobody could blame me!

So my instructor knew of another horse for lease, agisted on her property, so she enquired and i got him.

C.C is his name, and he's a pinto gelding. He is a wonderful ride, and best of all he doesn't bite (well not being watched anyway!)

I feel mean for ditching Tucky; but after the show, I couldn't look at him the same.
Peopel had alays said he was hhorrible and dangerous, but I never listened.
Now I know for myself.

Dont feel so bad. You know you tried your best with the odds stacked up against you.
You had to let him go, anyone could have been hurt very badly and you could not control him. Such a shame I know.
Im sure he does have good points and hopefully it will be someone else who will find them.
You had no choice really did you so let go and look forward, not back.
Wish you the best of luck with C.C.

newrider.com