Is anyone else doing the Essex Bridleways ride on friday??

Bays_R_Best

Just wondered if anyone else on here was doing this ride along the Flitch way, or if anyone had already done this ride before??

Is it a good one??

This will be the first one I have done on my share pony, and the longest distance we will have ridden (13miles), although we have done a couple of 8 mile hacks.
The only bad bit I have heard about this ride is there is a huge (long and high) bridge that crosses over a really busy dual carraige way. I'm not looking forward to that bit, I may hop off and lead over that!:eek:

Any tips greatly appreciated.

That would have been fun :rolleyes:

Firstly I work Fridays, and secondly it's full anyway. I hope you have a good time.

Didn't know about Essex Bridleways, though, so now I know I will look into doing some of the future events ;)

You're going to be riding my normal hack route! Have a great time its a lovely ride and yes there is a big bridge but at the same size as Bags you'll be okay its the biggies that its scary on as the sides aren't as high as they are!

Thanks shandy. You're lucky being that close to the flitch. Our decent hacking is about 2 miles worth of road work away.:rolleyes:

And thanks for the advice about the bridge. I've nominated myself to go over first and hope that the others follow:eek: Ambers pretty safe, and its not far for me to hop off her if needs be, she extremely safe when you're on the ground with her.:)
The only other problem is that someone had pinched a load of the panels form the bridge and they have been replaced with that horrible orange (horse eating) mesh. LOL.

newrider.com