"It always seems impossible, until it's done. "

Jeni O.

Jul 31, 2012
We did it! It's taken me a long time to up the confidence to ride Raven out on the trails, but we've finally done it!

Yesterday we ended the year with a quick 20 minute hack with just one other horse, & today we begun the New Year by going out for an hour with 4 other horses!

We have some things that need to be worked on. Especially her standing to be mounted and not trying to run over the person holding her, or the mini rears she pulls. Also, she doesn't like puddles. She'll jump them and send us into some trees if need be, but we will get through that too! Other than that, she was good!

Yesterday's ride was tense and I was nervous especially with her little rears, but today I was semi-relaxed. Even when a horse decided to throw a leg at her, & continued to try to back into us and kick (pretty unexpected as Raven is the herd boss, & this horse is very low in the pecking order.) I'm so glad that we've been working quite a bit on backing and stopping these past 4 months! She was very responsive, & I'm so proud of us! Still a long way to go before I'll consider myself "confident" but this was huge for us :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388606554829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388606554829.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388606572280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388606572280.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388606627585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388606627585.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
Thats fantastic :dance:

Its great to feel it has paid off and you have accomplished something huge :smile:

Onwards and upwards :wink:

:dance: i remember feeling like that and now that you've done it, it will get easier and you wont even notice your progress until one day you'll say say..." i was there once". well done and keep on going onwards and upwards :smile:

Again, thank you for all the support. :) We are getting there. I'm looking forward to what is in the future for us.

Thats absolutely fab and you absolutely will get there.

My mantra (actually not followed closely this past six weeks by myself) is 'the more you do it the easier it gets' and I am a great believer in this. My ex yard owners mantra was 'horses only know what they do'. And again, never a truer word in my opinion!

newrider.com