Itchy mole...

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
A mole on my back starting itching last night and subsequently bled, its still a bit itchy now. Should I go to Doctors? My OH thinks im worrying over nothin but think I might go to walk in centre and get it checked this lunch time.

Definitely worth getting it checked out, better to be safe than sorry! Have you noticed it change shape or get larger?

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO! If you don't go I will have to come and drag you there! Itchy bleeding moles are not to be messed around with! It'll probably turn out to be nothing but why chance it??!! And tell your OH to watch some more news!!!!

x

I would definitely go.

My brother in law is very fair skinned and never sunbaths but has had some malignant moles which have had to be removed.

You just never know, even if you stay out of the sun.

Please go. Better safe than sorry.

I went to walk in centre- not very much help! will have to wait for doctors appointment (will probably get in some time next year lol)

If you tell the docs you have a mole that is itching and bleeding they will get you in staright away!

I had one several years ago on my right hip, it used to itch and bleed and change colour, some days brown, other days it was red and one time it went black.

It was removed under anasthetic and i had to wait 6 weeks for the results, but thank goodness it was harmless.

You MUST go to the docs as soon as possible and get it checked Stressy.

As the others have said, its probably nothing to worry about but please go get it checked - really not worth the risk and you'll feel SO much better when you have been.

I had one removed years ago as my bra strap seemed to irritate it.

My GP removed it at my local hospital, whole procedure took a few minutes.

PLEASE PLEASE have this looked at...can't stress this enough. Removing a mole is a ten minute job, I've had 4 removed to date - all been ok but it's simply not worth the risk (lived in hot country as a child and can remember being burnt to a crisp - seriously bad). One mole was a juvenile melanoma, benign but a warning so am ultra careful now.

Best way of monitoring moles is for Drs (pref plastic surgeons ) to review lesion regularly, and photos should be taken with a small plastic ruler beside the mole, keeps a visual record of any changes in size etc.

If it's removed be sure the lesion is sent for histological review.

newrider.com