It's Been Asked For Before

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I know I am not the only one to take a thread off.
It's been asked for in the past if there could be an anonymous area for members.
I have just had to take a thread off because of a couple of replies. Nothing bad just too much info.

Your thoughts.

Do you mean where we could post a question anon and just ask for input anon too?
Sorry you had to take off a thread. Sometimes it can give too much info I guess.

I thought the collecting ring was still members/subscribers only???? not anonymous but still not totally public and I assume can't be searched from google etc

the internet is never anon though? I wouldn't post anything on here I wouldn't be comfortable with joe blogs seeing. Just as someones a member dosent necessarily make them cocha

I know that when I login on by my phone I am a guest I can go into the areas not open to people who I guests but when I click on them to reply it says I have to be a member. Then I remember I am using my phone!

Either really. Sometimes something happens on a yard or with your horse and you need to chat. But if someone accidentally says something that could potentially pinpoint that yard, it's awkward.
Ideally replies are not anon though.

I thought the collecting ring was still members/subscribers only???? not anonymous but still not totally public and I assume can't be searched from google etc

Is there still a Collecting Ring? I'm a fully paid up member but can't see it, it doesn't appear on the list of forums.

Is there still a Collecting Ring? I'm a fully paid up member but can't see it, it doesn't appear on the list of forums.

Please ignore this. I have just read the forum list properly to find it's the title for a group - doh ! it must be the painkillers addling my brain, either that or old age.

Reactions: Jessey
I noticed that regardless of what you post in the post can be a featured thread on the homepage of the forums?

I seem to remember Mike saying something about the Featured Posts being randomly selected by the forum and something he needed to sort out?

Home page, new posts.
Non members cannot see anything at all relating to the Sofa, Cafe or members diaries. It doesn't show a thing.
I logged out to see that.

I do like the featured threads, providing it's not from the Cafe etc, which I don't think it is or have people seen otherwise?

I just think that people need to be careful of what they write and who they write about. You never know who is reading threads, even in the members only section, and it's foolish to think that anything you write on here (or any other internet site) is confidential in any way.

Reactions: Gimp
there are many many members on here that are non posting etc. It may feel like a little safe community on here but always remember its information being posted to the 4 corners of the earth.

I think that anyone who post anything on the internet whatever site it is should only post something that they don't mind if the whole world reads/sees.
I googled my name and clicked on images, on the first line was my laptop wallpaper picture. Luckily it's a photo of Belle and not me in my underwear lol.
I've tried googling my username on a couple of sites I subscribe too, one is a photo of me from years ago which I don't even have anymore and the other shows nothing at all, but I am under no illusion that anything is available if you know how to find it.

Reactions: Trewsers
I would be mortified to find a photo in my underwear, especially if it didn't match.
Seriously though I think some people will regret what they put on fb.
Though how they conduct themselves on a Friday and Saturday night equally so!

newrider.com