it's just possible.........

ali cat

woooooohooooooo---- after having raisin and rosie sold, and the ensuing upset it seems i might just be able to buy my own horse soon:) i really must have looked miserable on xmas morning--i know i felt it:(

as wally knows--what i'd really love is an icelandic---but i'm not sure i can stretch to that--(though i have written to kirsty to see what she has--and i still have the info you sent me last yr jo-thanks)

next choice is a highland/dales/fell--or any cross with these natives----i really can't tell you how excited/frightened/nervous i am about this:)

so ---i'm looking at buying in march--and giving myself time to look round---i have 2 yards to look at---and a 3rd choice which i coud use as temp til i could get fitted in at either of the other two---by gum that's complex:)

we have a local farmer who breeds fells--he's 80odd yr old and i knew him when i was a kid--my friend has just bought a filly from him--but i need a slightly older one cos i don't think i'm knowledgeable enough to bring a youngster on myself

i don't mind what my future baby looks like--after all i'm not gonna win a beauty comp mesel:) as long as he/she has a sweet nature and is genuine---so if anyone knows a pony for sale that fits the bill--please let me know:)

woooooooohoooooooooooo

I KNOW you'll have the best ever - and I'm so pleased - your pony will have the very very best of Mam's. It just brings back SO many memories of when I was little - Dale's, Fell's and the rest.

Also, yours will also KNOW sooner or later (gotta take into account the hos of course) she has the best Mam ever.

I'm so pleased for you.

Sandra

Oh, my, he is droolsome :)

How wonderful, that you might be able to get one of your OWN. I know the heartbreak of having your horse sold out from under you...happened to me many times when I was a working student for a trainer :( I cannot express the comfort and delight of having my very own; I know it will make you happy.

Your Own

If the excitement you're feeling right now is anything like mine today (have just taken delivery of my first ever horse!!!), you must feel like you're on drugs!!

I am so looking forward to the next 25 years with my new mare....when I get over my clucking-mother-hen phase I'll be fine!

And when I next get paid no doubt my bank manager will also be fine!! Its been an expensive month.

Best of luck with the horse search - enjoy it; I did
M.

Oh, that's brilliant! I really felt for you when I read your post about the other horses being sold, esp. what happened at christmas:( But this one will be yours, and what a lucky horse that will be! I just replied to a thread in general, that my favourite natives were highland, dale and fell.....so I'll be eagerly following your search:D Oh, and that Seamus in the pic is gorgeous:)

oh, i had another thought too---you lot are gonna be sick of me----who did you take with you when you went to view your horses???? did you get horse vetted--full vetting? or take a risk?

there are a few promising ads in the local admart this week---i've marked them and if still available nearer the time :) i'll ring the numbers.

it's just this minute gone from snow on the ground and BRILLIANT sunshine ---to horizontal snowfall, high winds and DARK--weird weather today

Wonderful! Have a good look before you decide.
I bought my last but one Highland out of the ad mag locally and he was perfect. My present one comes from Fife, but was worth the journey!
There is a gorgeous little Highland advertised on http://www.horsequest.co.uk/ at present. Go to Highland ponies/adults and he is the first pic. Looks really sweet.
Take your time though as all natives can have attitude, as you probably know.
I was really sorry that I could not get to the last meet up. Maybe next time.
Good luck.

hiya gill, was just thinkin about you earlier---got a message from an old boyfriend on friends reunited---he now lives north northumberland and has 9 horses--rides along druridge bay when we get that one july sunny day that is our summer:)---made me think of you riding along the beach getting your cobwebs blown away--his name is chris-wife marylin--mebbe you know them

thaks for the good wishes--i'll go check that out:) there was a lovely highland at one of the local shows a while back--bluidy gorgeous in fact ---they were on hol in perth and he was advertised in tack shop window--so instead of a packet of treats for her horse --they came back with another one:)--his name is darragh and he's lovely--sadly not for sale--

there was a one for sale on gere a wuilw back but i s'pose she's gone by now--she was bonny

We got Pablo vetted, that was fine but didn't help identifying his pyschological 'issues' that have since emerged (although he is still a lovely gentle horse). I took Rupert on chance, but I was a bit sneaky and phoned their vet (they really shouldn't be able to tell anything due to confidentiality) he won't say anything specific but he could say he wasn't a lunatic and was sound. So far he has been fine and has had no more issues than we knew about when we bought him.. ie. no manners:D

good luck

Ah Ali cat I haven't been on Druridge for ages, used to go every week. Have been there in thunder, hail, fog, never mind the sun!
Used to jump the pipes on my old boy, when egged on by my kids - 'come on mum you can do it'
Anyway, I am going to get some transport again this year. Its only 5 mins by box, but a long ride on the roads otherwise. I am determined to do more this year, starting with learning to drive Erry.
Don't worry about the height of natives. My girl is only 14 hh but built on short, thick, hairy legs which carry me no trouble, and I am 5'7 and no light weight (but getting lighter). She rides much bigger than this.
The pony that was advertised on here a while ago has been bought by someone who posts on our enthusiasts site. There is a pic and some news on the 'news' page, and message board.

Dare I admit that Ive never had a pony vetted, except one that we were selling. We bought one from a vet though, age 5, and another from a known source age 6.
My old boy would never have passed a vet, he was 16 when I got him, but he did the job needed at the time.
Other than that I've been given two ponies and had a horse on loan once which we later bought and still have age 24. She is a wonderful mare and has bred a lovely filly for my daughter.
I think I have been lucky though and don't recommend this policy!

I'm coming in a little late to the thread, but I wanted to express my excitement for you and wish you luck. I just did my first pre-purchase exam last night. It was pretty expensive (I got x-rays, too), but I need the peace of mind. Plus, I got a lot of great information from the vet that will help me keep him healthy should I buy him.

newrider.com