Its like somebody flicked a switch !

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Woke up quite late this morning as we were all up late last night with
the Family all here, when Son No.1 and G/friend left to go home last night, the roads were really icy, but the snow/ice was shining like
somebody had thrown glitter everywhere and it looked beautiful:smile:

Anyway, made my way downstairs this morning, thinking 'Well thats Christmas gone
for another year', flicked the Kettle on, glanced out the Window and

ALL the SNOW/ICE has GONE, absolutely NO sign of it at all in my Garden, on
the Roads lol, its just disappeared and MELTED:dance: Its like somebody
'flicked a switch' and said 'right Christmas is over, snow has to GO':giggle:

PLEASE let the water be running at the Yard, its killing me carrying water
to and from home twice a day:giggle:

It's great isn't it!!!

There were so many cars getting stuck on the road by the stables that they closed it this morning.....why they left it a week then chose to close the road on the day it's all thawing out, I have no idea!

Fingers crossed that you have running water at the yard!

LOL lucky you! I really hope for a similar phenomenon up here, last night we had another three inches BUT....its kind of raining now. Fingers crossed its about to melt, just hope we don't get flash floods as a result.

warmer here too but we still have snow on the ground - main roads are clear and our little lane is slushy but we have more snow on the way!

at least our outside tap is working again which makes life a bit easier - hope your tap is defrosted too

Last edited:
Yep somebody flipped the switch here over night too! We had been warned it would take several days to thaw all the thick ice off roads and lanes - erm no actually - just one VERY mild night and a lot of rain!:smile:

So this morning had to walk the dogs over wet and muddy fields in driving rain then had to feed and sort the herd in equally wet and muddy fields - JJ's newly washed and reproved rug had leaked all night in the rain - he was soaked poor boy - but soon got him dry and re-rugged. My rug washer will be getting a short and very sharp phone call in the next few days!:furious:

But dare I say this - I actually found it all quite a bit easier in the snow and low temperatures?:unsure: All the deep mud and wetness just seems to make it harder to me?:unsure:

TWO Kettle loads of v.hot water and tap was UP AND RUNNING:dance::wavespin::dance::dance::wavespin::wavespin::dance::bounce:

Ready for the next lot that somebody took great delight in telling me
we are expecting:stomp::biggrin: Only thing now is that all the 'POO' is showing, so need to do a mahooosive 'poo pick' !

Last edited:
Snowed all morning here :D But there has been a bit of a thaw, only a small one though, we're still frozen and everything is still white.

Still got quite a bit about, farm track is still pretty bad, but rain forecast tonight.

Trough still frozen, taking water up twice a day seems part of normal routine now.

My daughter helped me catch up on poo picking today, so glad that job got done before the thaw.:dance:

woke up this morining and we had a swith flicked here too, on all fields other than mares field :cry:, boys field, 90% snow free, field with cows in opposite 99 % snow free, roads have been snow free for a short while now, but girls field was still 50% white stuff, by lunch time though it was about 85% snow free so hopefully by tomorrow it will all be gone :biggrin:

Ive just driven back from Londaon and its rained all the way from Oxford up to Manchester :)

I just want one day where I can refill the waters again and it can snow for another week - just as long as I can get the hose pipe unfrozen for one use!

Put the boys out this morning and fields where still white and trough frozen, went back tonight and all green, yippee mught even be able to ride around the track soon.:bounce:

Mostly sleet this morning, then just turned to drizzle... been at parents this afternoon for tea, just got back (wanting to see my guinea pigs:redface:) and what's the first thing we do? Switch the pc's on:biggrin:
Hoping snow stays away tomo:bounce:

Great to hear that you got the running water going!!!

I think I'll manage to get my car to the yard tomorrow and am planning to get a ride in

Absolutely tipping down with RAIN here tonight. I am not too worried
what comes now that water trough is refilled.

Christmas Day I took water up the Yard THREE times as they kept
putting their whole heads in the trug up to their eyes (?????) and tipping it up, despite the fact it was sat in a tyre !!! Wondered if it was because
the water was 'warm' ???

newrider.com