Jack Moves Home!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Yesterday we moved Jack to a livery yard. I lease a lovely field and stables but it is right on a very busy, fast main road and as I don't know how Jack copes with traffic, I decided to move him to a lovely yard 3 miles along the same road which has 500 acres of off-roading hacking. As he has loading issues, we decided to walk him there in-hand and as the first quarter mile of the journey involves walking along the grass verge of the road, we decided to set off early before the traffic got going. We were leading him out by 7.30. My husband led Jack as I was nervous and didn't want him picking up on my nerves but as it turned out Jack was a complete star and coped brilliantly with lorries thundering past, barking loose dogs and walking past a petrol station with lots of bright signage :D (vid)

The rest of the journey was a 3-mile walk along the edge of the river Severn and Jack was a little :eek: - we weren't sure if it was the water or the swans!

DSC00398.jpg

We arrived amid lost of excitement from other horses... (vid)

and he was turned out into a 12 acre paddock where he has 3 other boys for company.

DSC03980.jpg

Introductions were very low-key and then he got down to the serious business of grass eating! Now we'll start to think about riding :D

And, gold star to Jane for observation.... just noticed that Jack has a white patch on his belly... the boy may be a sabino!

DSC00402.jpg

What a superstar - I would say that looking at how he walked past all the garage stuff you have a budding bombproof on your hands! Very nice looking boy he is too.:biggrin:

He sounds like an absolute star! As does your lovely husband.

I have to say, I think I may have found my new favourite NR horse. He is right up my street. Looking forward to hearing lots more about all your adventures...enjoy all that offroad hacking.

Glad the move went well. :happy: Your very brave to walk along that road, it's very busy
Yeah... at least it was too early for the bikers at the caff! :D Today that car park was so chocka they were spilling out and parking on the roadside!!

Aw bless, funny how the things you think may upset them, i.e. busy
roads, garage signs etc., never seem too and yet when you are somewhere
relatively 'quiet' i.e. River Bank they are not too sure :biggrin:

He is lovely:biggrin: Lots of 'Welshies' have a 'white patch' like that Jane, maybe or 'probably' some Welsh in there somewhere x

Fantastic!

any idea if that bay horse in the paddock in that vid is called Bobby? i am sure that looks like my friends horse!

hope to hear riding updates from you soon! i proper love Jack, he looks like a bay moet! :inlove:

newrider.com