Jim's gone

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
After all the time spent fighting cushings & the laminitis that went with it, not to mention colics & colic surgery years ago, a puncture wound to the hock on Wednesday meant he was pts this morning. We'd done all we could, but the downturn this morning meant it was quite obvious we couldn't win & he was suddenly hurtinbg too much to carry on.

Goodnight my love, you were & always will be my horse of a lifetime & soulmate x

Oh no that's desperately sad. But you did all you could and then let him go with dignity.

I am so sorry Carthorse. I remember reading your colic experiences after Ziggy had it. He put you through it then and it was obvious how much he meant to you.

Run free Jim, no more troubles

So sorry Carthorse, He was a very lucky boy having you as an owner x Run free big lad x

So very very sorry to read this. I remember a video you posted of him running about in the field, probably some years ago now. What a stunner he was. Run free Jim xxx

Oh no I'm so very sorry, sending huge hugs and thinking of you at the awful time. You did everything a loving owner could do and he will of known how much he was loved. x

I never realised the full story so it is a sad surprise to log on and find you parted from your horse. Like all your friends here, I am so very sorry for you. Just so hard when it eventually happens.

To be fair Skib I hadn't posted much about him for some time because it was always more of the same & I felt people had enough of their own problems without dragging them into something that ultimately was never going to end well. As a team we got him back out in the field for a few weeks & going for walks to graze in hand which he always loved, I'd hoped for longer but we got some time out for him to be a horse & do some of the things he loved. I even sat on him bareback last weekend, that was a huge & unlooked for bonus. But some fights can't be won, and tragically a small but badly placed cut somehow incurred in his stable put an end to all our hopes.

Love them every day, and don't waste a moment with them, at least knowing his time was limited even before he cut himself on Wednesday I had spent the last few years spoiling him rotten & making sure he knew just what he meant to me. No regrets over anything that was in my control.

So sorry to read about Jim. All your posts about him showed how much he was loved and how much his care and comfort meant to you.

Run happy Jim x

newrider.com