Joining pony club as a beginner

Sep 29, 2019
Hi,
My friend has recently got her first pony she is a beginner and has only walked, trotted and cantered and has jumped but only up to 30cm. Would it be worth it for her to join pony club she is 13 and she is worried about not being able to go to main camp because of her riding ability.
Any thoughts would be welcome.
Thanks sophie

I think its still worth joining. From what i hear they try to include all abilities. I know someone whos child has learning issues, so speaking and communication is extremely difficult. Mum used to go along to help her out at the camps but between pony club and private lessons she has become a great little rider and shes only 15. She jumps bigger than me. Shes already riding a 15 and 16hh horse as well, but thats partly because of her height.

I wouldnt worry about camp though for this year. Most seem to have been cancelled due to the situation so maybe set her sights on one for next year. Get in plenty more lessons and club events over the next 6 months.

I'd say people like your friend are the very people Pony Club was set up to give an introduction to the horse world.The only thing I would say is does she have access to transport to rallies and lessons?

Reactions: MrA
I'd say people like your friend are the very people Pony Club was set up to give an introduction to the horse world.The only thing I would say is does she have access to transport to rallies and lessons?
Yes she does thank you for your reply I think she was worried that the everyone her age would be jumping 80cm + at least because I have never been to pony club I couldn’t answer her question thank you

newrider.com