Joy is shod all round again and is back to normal.

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I had Joy's backs put on again as I wasn't prepared enough to leave her backs off and up her workload.

I took her out for a 30 mins hack and we are back on track again. No more ouchy little steps from behind, full on stepping under and working properly. She was relaxed and happy and so was I. If I try having the backs off again next winter I'll take them off earlier and have the right boots to hand :eek:

I had a great chat with my farrier who has been nothing but supportive. It turns out he is part of a team going to Calgary Stampede World Champion Blacksmithing Competition in 2010 :D

He used to compete a lot apparantly and got 2nd at a national competion for apprentices when he was still in training in wales.

He also used to compete in donkey trimming I think he said. Anyway he's going to be spending time with Grant Moon to get him ready and apparently Grant Moon is successful in the world of blacksmiths.

Anyway he seemed so happy to be getting back into competition again and I'm happy for him - as long as his prices don't go up. :p

Thats sounds promising. I'm glad you've got her back to normal, as you said you can always take them back off later on when you are better clued up so that you don't need to be as worried all the time. :)

Glad she's comfortable again :)

Farriers are gas these days - treating it like a sport now and not a proffession! My farrier has been off touring the world for months now...first in Kentucky, now I think he's in Dubai. Had to find a new one!

I'm feeling so much more relaxed.

We have loads of dry weather ahead so I can concentrate on lungeing and longreining Joy when I can't ride and doing the same with Littles too.

I have noticed that there has been some growth in the grass so its all go now to get them fit and into work :D

I've also decided to bring my jumps over from my other yard and set them up in the winter side. Joy'll need to be a lot fitter and muscled up before we're ready for that. Give it another 6-7 weeks :cool:

It's good innit :D I think it's nearly time to think about popping shoes back on Rio for the summer too.

newrider.com