Just Curious...Am I too tall for him??

Force382

Aug 18, 2008
Massachusetts
myamigo.weebly.com
I'm just about 5'9 and Amigo is 15hh. My legs are soo long!
Do I look too tall for him?

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN1953.jpg

DSCN1955.jpg

omg yeah, no only joking, no u look ok, do u feel to tall?

haha! No, I don't feel too tall. I just wondered if I look too big for him. I heard somewhere (can't remember where)that you're not supposed to be able to see your other leg/foot under the horses belly from the other side??
The horse I had before Amigo was only 14.1hands high , but I was also younger/smaller when I did any riding with him and I didn't feel too big then either.
I've had Amigo for a little over a month now. These pics are the first I've seen with me actually on him, and it was also our first time bareback (he did great!) I just hope we look good together thats all :)

It's purely an aesthetic thing, if he's happy and you're happy it doesn't matter. But no, I don't think you look too big :)

Yeah far too big, I've always liked Amigo, send him to me I'm just the right size :D:D:D:D:D:p

Seriously though you fine on him.

Dont forget when you have a saddle you will have an extra 2 inch or so to sit on ;)
Photo-0107.jpg

This is me on my 15.2/15.3 and im 5ft8 :p look how much my legs dangle down... but with a saddle and stirrups to lift my feet up slightly I dont look so bad :D

I'll have to see if anyone can take some shots of us with a saddle, just to see how we look.

I think you look fine in that pic without a saddle :) And, thats a very pretty horse! I love the little dots on the rump!

newrider.com