just to introduce myself

taskey

taskey
May 19, 2008
bielefeld, germany
hi all, just stumbled across this forum.

i am a brand new rider, i am 34 years old. i went on a horse once when i was 8 and it was not a good experience.

i have an 8 year old daughter who has just started riding lessons with me.

my daughter has had 2 'hacks' through the woods and i have had a sit on and a plod around on a horse. she was the oldest in the yard and was fantastic, really forgiving and not too fast for my first time.

my lesson was at 6pm, and as i turned up early i was able to groom her and put her saddle and everything else on, with instruction from my RI.

we are going shoping tomorrow night for our jodphurs, boots and helmets. so we are prepared for thursday night.

my daughter is indoors this week learning things, so she is looking forward to that.

we live in germany but are able to use the military stables. the horses are amazingly georgeous. the are regimental horses and are brilliant.

well that sums us up and i hope to learn loads from you all

Tracy

What a lovely first post! Welcome to new rider tracy. :)

Good luck to you and your daughter with your lessons, updates are a must!

I'm also afraid you only have one rule to follow whilst you're here, one picture (at least) per post is a necessity ;)

I'm Sammii, and i'm 17. I have a skewbald cob on full loan called Red, i have lots of pictures in my albums. :)
x

Hello!

I'm sure you'll get bitten by the riding bug!

I used to ride at the military stables in Paderborn - the OH used to look after the pony club there as well! The horses over there were always great - one is now in the Home of Rest for Horses over here in the UK.

newrider.com