Keeshonds

Camyds

Mar 31, 2008
I wonder if anyone on here has owned one or two. and if you have, I would like to hear from you.

I used to have two brothers, one each from seperate litters. This was a long time ago. They lived to 16 & 14 which I believe was quite old for this breed.

Here is a pic and to give you an idea how old this is, they are with my daughter who was 29 last month:eek:

spikeeric2.jpg

Sorry I've never even seen one, but just wanted to say they look like stunning dogs, and sounds like they were a great age for their breed! :D

I've never owned one but there was a lady that used to come into the petstore I worked at when i was 16 who bred and showed them. They are gorgeous little things( sorry I think all dogs are little as my dog is the size of a pony lol)

In fact i borrowed one of her dogs names, to name my dog-Nikita

I remember all her dogs had lovely temperaments and were very friendly, but quite stubborn to train-don't know if this is a trait of the breed or she was unlucky and just had stubborn dogs hahaha

Thank you guys! and yeah, they are quite unusual although there are more of them South of the border than up here in Scotland. In fact, the postman thought they were wolves and was a bit frightend of them:eek:

Size wise, can remember the exact show guideliness, but, they are slightly smaller than Samoyeds, but, they were renowned for having a smile when they were happy. :eek: The oldest of my too (Spike) was a bit of a law unto himself off the lead, but the pup in the pic, (Eric) was much more obedient.:)

Gorgeous! We had one while I was growing up in Newcastle-cracking guard dog cos he was very noisy! Used to petrify the postman. Dad was determined to have them as he lived in Berkshire with his Mum, the housekeeper of a big posh house for the Headmistress of Rodean and she had a succession of them as guard dogs. They're brilliant with kids. I saw one the other day whilst driving and had to stop to scream delightedly at the owner!

newrider.com