LeMieux Pro-Sorb Lambskin Half Pad thoughts?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I need your thoughts on this. My saddler recommend this for sox as his saddle needed a bit of flocking and alot of flocking on one side a few weeks ago. Anyhow she suggested this as he does lose topline easy. His left shoulder is bigger in muscle then his right. She said I basically need something to take the weight off it a bit. I did ask if a half pad would work but they don't have the inserts. Like this one does. I am hoping to buy him some thicker saddle pads. But what are your thoughts?

I have a LeMieux half pad - not the ProSorb, just sheepskin. Ziggy and I use it mostly in the summer, when his coat is thin and the saddle tends to slip. We use it instead of a numnah or saddle pad.

He doesn't like the Christ Lammferle sheepskin bareback pad, but he does like his half pad a lot. I think it helps cushion the saddle when his coat is thin. In the winter he has lots of fluff and objects to the hot sheepskin, or that's how it seems to me, anyway.

I really rate the Lemieux pads, they are lush.

I have the Pro sorb - I think. Tobes I have found HATES sheepskin, so it is loungeing in the boiler room. I am hoping one day he may change his mind as it is lush!!

I am lying, I don't have the pro sorb, I have the normal sheepskin one.

I have the pad with the four pockets which isn't sheepskin, which isn't lemieux which I cannot for the life of me remember at the mo. It will come back to me I have sure!!

I think the basic lambskin pads are fine, similar to a wool fleece lined pad they absorb some concussion and wick sweat (most horses stay cooler in them than in a cotton pad because of this). But, for remedial and corrective fittings then proper sheepskin is better IMO, thicker, absorbs more concussion and sweat. I use Mattes and only Mattes, and their pocket correction pad is much nicer to use, and has much better trimmable shims that you can make into wedges (the only way to shim a saddle that truly works and doesn't create pressure points). I have made four short videos on how to use them, the first is here:

Reactions: Jayne and newforest
Then it sounds like you need a pad that you can add inserts to so its level?
But also exercises to help build up the muscle, has Sox been seen by a physio recently. Is he holding himself tight for some reason.

Last edited:
newrider.com