Let's hear your stable and show names!

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
Having asked the OH to Photoshop a pic of Sham and received it back saved as Shampagne Superbozo, I've finally hit on her show name.

So she is now officially called Champagne Supernova, due to her broken star!

What's yours called?

Jack had loading issues so I doubt he'll ever get to a show. His passport just says Jack. Sometimes Dom and I refer to him as Just Jack :biggrin: Albi was Albion Firecracker (because he was small and explosive!) Arthur's full name is Knight Starthur.... his mum is called Guinevere and he was born around midnight. As they stood watching him a shooting star went over.... I gave Ludo the show name of Impulsive Purchase.... can you guess why? :giggle:

DJ was a race horse so his papers have his racing name on it and I showed with that name: DJ's Pal
(in fact I later even named my first born child after my first horse's racing name! His name is Duncan Johann (DJ) :blush: )

Minnie's official name is Minose. It's pronounced Mi-NOH-say and means 'good fortune' in Ojibway. (I tricksed OH into buying Minnie as a yearling with the idea she would become his Western horse so she needed a name according to that. She also is from a PMU farm in Canada and Ojibway (native tribe) are native to that area)
Not sure if I can put pronunciation on show registrations though. I'd hate for them to announce us as Karin on My Nose. lol Maybe I'll need something easier...

Stable name Tilley, we won't be doing any shows but if did do anything it woulda Tilley Blue.

Jack did have jumping Jack flash, or Jackpot. Not that showed but more nickname.

Last edited:
I have 2 from the Horeb stud so not overly imaginative

Stable name : June
Show name: Horeb June

Stable name: jazz
Show name: Horeb wattsie (he was originally called wattsie)

Dolly is Xena Lady on her passport:redcarded:.....so just Dolly then!

Iskra is just Iskra but I am told in English it means Sparks...mmmm Im not sure if it suits her or not TBH1:biggrin:

Harvey's show name is 'harvest moon' .

Piccolo's show name is 'in a pickle'

And Ellie is yet to have a show name but 5 yr old daughter wants it to be elliephantastic! :/, or 'flower power' it will probably be 'just Ellie'

Lunan's show name is Lunesdale Eagle.
Eva's is Brackenbank Eva.
Kira's is Foxheys Shakira.
Stormy's is Foxheys SummerStorm.
Faye, doesnt have one, shes passported as Faye, and i am 99% shure shes never going to be shown again. But she might have been competed in SJ when she was younger, because she is VERY good at it... I wish i know more about her!
Sweep's is Stow Drum Majorette.
Darcey's is Dildawn Mr Darcey.
:biggrin:

Petri (said Pee-Tree) is just Petri in her passport .. but we are trying to think of a show name for her

Petri means Stone/rock .. so we were thinking the stone lady so roughly translated would be Dame Petri, or going with precious stones ..

Dame Petri Diamond :biggrin:

Harvey is BSJA registered as Shere Khan, as he has those dun black stripes on his yellow legs, hence the tiger name. This was his previous owner I hasten to add who is clearly way more imaginative than me :smile:

I love these threads :)

Puzzle is Bitsnpieces (just kinda suited her)
Inca is Silveroaks Close Call (my breeding prefix + the fact she was v.ill as a foal)
Bella is Bluebell IV (she needed a pretty name and she has blue in her eyes which made us think of this)

Sorry to hijack but what are the 'rules' for show vs stable names. I always thought the name on the passport was the 'official' (ie show) name and stable names were whatever anyone wanted to call a horse?? Thyme is passported as Thyme. Can I give her a show name?

newrider.com