Life Coaching - Any Experiences?

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Just curious if there's anyone on here who has experienced of life coaching, receiving or providing it - what for? whats the most common reasons people use it? is it any good? My nose is bothering me as I feel a bit stuck in my life and just wondering...!

I have a young friend here who runs a very successful business - for some reason best know to herself she emploed a 'life coach' a couple of years ago - several hundred euros along the line, she gave up quoting what her 'life coach' had advised her to do, gave her the old heave ho and got back to running her business and life her way as she had before!:giggle:

I quite fancy being a life coach, got bags of experience behind me - can I be yours FM?? VEry cheap, a nice cup of tea and a few biccys whilst I instruct you which path is most advisable for you take in life!:bounce:

Sorry - no help I know but couldnt resist!:redface:

I question how good a life coach can be and what qualifications they have. Do they need to have any? Is this industry regulated or can just anyone be a 'Life Coach'?

LOL Cortasna, I'm definitely in need of some direction but thinking a sergent major approach would be more effective than a cuppa and some biccies - fancy donning a moustache and shouting at me?
JC, my landlord has retrained as one and I don't really think I want to be one myself, just interested in what it can help me achieve. I've actually found a lady training as one and she needs guinea pigs for her qualification so is offering free service. Just wondering what it entails, I'll give anything a go....if its free!

newrider.com