Lights of my life x

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
So Comet is coming on well. He hacks out great now and seems very happy and confident in himself out and about. Takes most things in his stride but keeps me on my toes with the odd Welsh drama queen moment. He is currently getting very wooly so clipping is the next thing on the list! Can't honestly believe he has been here nearly 9 months it has flown by! Few pics since he came.

IMAG1799.jpgIMAG1969.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.37.45.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.55.31.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.55.53.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.54.35.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.40.15.jpgPicsArt_10-30-07.37.04.jpg

Last edited:
Torin has had a hard few weeks but is starting to brighten up again,I'm hoping getting hair off him will also help as he is getting hot. A few weeks ago i went to find him in the morning having blown a cataract and detached retina on his left eye and he has lost sight in it. No external trauma and an odd head scratching thing but the eye is now stable and adjusting. He is still a poppet and was the most amazing patient so fingers crossed things keep going in the right direction with him.

PicsArt_10-30-08.02.44.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.00.44.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.02.26.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.00.15.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.03.04.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.01.32.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.01.50.jpgreceived_485354502310094.jpeg

Last edited:
Tigger is his usual self! Still gets away with murder and is the Apple of my eye. He is however having some trouble with his front legs and is currently on anti inflammatories. This does happen now and again because of his squiffy legs. He was given courses of Vit E when he was a baby as it's not uncommon in bottle fed lambs but we manage it as best we can. Still can't believe he is mine tbh and just how big a part of my life he has become but 2.5 years on i would not be without him.

PicsArt_10-30-08.08.09.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.09.56.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.10.48.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.10.26.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.09.38.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.08.58.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.09.14.jpgPicsArt_10-30-08.08.33.jpg

Last edited:
@Jessey he only responds to bright light, other than that the sight has gone. No reaction to any other stimuli. He is starting to adjust well though, I keep him on my left as much as possible so his good eye is on me and he head tilts as best he can when im working on his left side and keeps his ear on me. He is starting to be less jumpy and brighten up in himself since he is allowed back out again and the drops have stopped letting his pupil go back to normal and not be fully dilated so he doesnt have to wear his mask which he wasn't very happy about. May need it on on very bright days but i have them in during the day and out at night which helps :)

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey
@Jessey he only responds to bright light, other than that the sight has gone. No reaction to any other stimuli. He is starting to adjust well though, I keep him on my left as much as possible so his good eye is on me and he head tilts as best he can when im working on his left side and keeps his ear on me. He is starting to be less jumpy and brighten up in himself since he is allowed back out again and the drops have stopped letting his pupil go back to normal and not be fully dilated so he doesnt have to wear his mask which he wasn't very happy about. May need it on on very bright days but i have them in during the day and out at night which helps :)
Aw poor sausage, glad to hear he is adapting well though, I've known a few either blind or missing 1 eye and you would hardly know as they had adapted so well over the years.

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
So i am absolutely full of cold and feel bloody awful but still need to feed the animals and check them. What normally takes me 10 mins is taking me 30 as i get out of breath so easy and have to stop. This is quite hard when I have 14 impatient sheeples following me for their feed :rolleyes:

Anyway I have to feed the work horses then take the sheep down to the pens, open the pen and let them eat then come out and close it again as otherwise the horses go in and make a mess and I like to keep abit of grass in there for when I have them in for something so they can nibble. After been jumped up on a few times and tripped up numerous times on the walk down calm was finally restored and they were very happy to get their nuts while I sat on the bucket and waited outside :)

PicsArt_10-31-10.51.55.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Then I headed to my guys who greeted me at the gate ready to come in with a beautiful rainbow over them :)
They are happily tucking into their feeds and hay now but look like scruffs and will stay that way today as brushing them would near enough kill me I'm sure :rolleyes:

PicsArt_10-31-08.56.29.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
So i am absolutely full of cold and feel bloody awful but still need to feed the animals and check them. What normally takes me 10 mins is taking me 30 as i get out of breath so easy and have to stop. This is quite hard when I have 14 impatient sheeples following me for their feed :rolleyes:

Anyway I have to feed the work horses then take the sheep down to the pens, open the pen and let them eat then come out and close it again as otherwise the horses go in and make a mess and I like to keep abit of grass in there for when I have them in for something so they can nibble. After been jumped up on a few times and tripped up numerous times on the walk down calm was finally restored and they were very happy to get their nuts while I sat on the bucket and waited outside :)

View attachment 100500

Lots of get well vibes to you. Try and take it easy (not easy at all with animals but do the minimum)

• Love
Hoping you feel better soon! Well done for managing to get everyone fed and watered, I know you have to press on anyway but it's hard when you're poorly. Lovely ponies at the end of the rainbow :)

• Love
Yesterday morning I had to say goodbye to Tigger. It was a huge shock and he became very poorly very quickly. To say i am broken doesnt even come close. He was the love of my life,my breath and my heartbeat and I have no idea how to go forwards without him. He was pts and passed away peacefully in my arms on his bed with his head on his pillow with mum, Nigel, Nick his vet and me surrounding him with love. The field is empty without him, too quiet and too sad. Some people say they are only animals and more than one person has said he is only a sheep. He wasnt only a sheep He was my son, my family,my best friend and my world. He was my saving grace and my solace.Goodnight my sweetest boy xxxPicsArt_11-05-05.25.34.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.25.17.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.24.32.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.24.15.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.25.55.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.26.27.jpgPicsArt_11-05-05.26.14.jpgPicsArt_08-31-07.45.37.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to read this.
I don't understand why people say it's just an animal.
Animals give us so much more than humans do.

Ps I liked the photos, not the loss. Just realised it's all in one.

Oh gosh I am sooo sorry to read this. Sending you my biggest kind vibes. I totally understand he was your world. Wish there was something I could do, it’s horrid losing our friends. Take care of yourself tooxxxxxxx

newrider.com