Longer length tops??

sandpiper1809

Aug 16, 2009
Hi all,
Not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum but couldnt see a more appropriate one!!

Having returned to riding after a long break, I managed to squeeze myself into a pair of jodhpurs but I am finding it hard to find longer length t-shirts/sweat tops suitable for riding because I like the tops longer length to hide my belly & bum!!
Can anyone recommend any good equestrian shops/websites to try that cater for taller women? Or is it just a case of high street shops and making do!!

I particularly like the rugby top style.

If you are a fan of pink/blue, then have a look at Katie Price's range (ha, never thought I'd be writing this), they do items in very long length.

hmmm....not sure about them. The blue isnt THAT bad its just the diamonte's on them that I cant stand!! Great length tho'!!
Maybe I could pick them all off!! LOL

I just buy over sized polo shirts or long length tops from primark. In winter my coat covers everything anyway :)

H&M and Primark supply all my upper body day to day riding clothes!

I refuse to spend money on something that will soon be stained grey or brown with who knows what!!

Kat

I just bought some "Fat Face" surf ware tank tops in the sale in the Manchester shop, which are long and ideal for riding. I know exactly what you mean though, I am constantly on the lookout for stomach covering tops. Most horsey ones esp polo styles are too short therefore very unflattering. Lands End make are also cut longer and i have asome of theirs.

H&M and Primark supply all my upper body day to day riding clothes!

I refuse to spend money on something that will soon be stained grey or brown with who knows what!!

Ditto this - i got some 3/4 length sleeved tops in really nice colours from H&M all long in length. Cheap but fit the job well. I love rugby tops but all the riding ones are about £30!!! I'd wait for a sale or see if some turn up in H&M/Primark/Dunnes/Tesco/Asda etc ;)

Splash have some fantastic rugger shirts in their clearance section - apparently that are labelled as extra large and are infact size 12 - but as a result they are half price at £14.99. I've brought two and they are great I like them cus they cover my bum, they are well made and wash brilliantly.:D

I'm exactly the same, it's not my tummy I'm concerned with covering, more my ever expanding backside! Most of my polo t-shirts, fleeces and sweatshirts come from the men's department because they are a lot more generous with the length. Unfortunately that makes them quite baggy and shapeless.

Occasionally I'll find the odd women's tops in shops like H & M and Primark that fit my criteria of covering my *rse!

There is a company called Fuller Fillies that does caters for larger riders, they might have some nice tops.

I have found the gents polo shirts at Tesco are good wobbly bit cover'ers and still cover when sitting.
Cheap too they were doing 2 for £10 a while back, and they are very comfortable too..

Caz

I found some good longer length short sleeved but fitted ladies t-shirts in outdoorsy shop Mountain Warehouse (Cheshire Oaks etc.) reduced to £9.99 or less.:)

I have found the gents polo shirts at Tesco are good wobbly bit cover'ers and still cover when sitting.
Cheap too they were doing 2 for £10 a while back, and they are very comfortable too..

Caz

Same, I have some of the tesco mens t-shirts think they were 2 for £5. They do also often have rugby shirts too. The quality is very good too :)

newrider.com