Looking to own a Bernedoodle

hamad78

Jul 31, 2021
New York, USA
Hi, unfortunately I have lost my 8 ears old Poodle. It was very shocking for me. But now I am looking to own a Bernedoodle dog.
But I really don't know much about the Bernedoodles. Please let me know if anyone here having the Bernedoodle dog. I have read
about this breed on internet, But I really want to know more about these dogs.

If you don't know much about them why do you want one? it's always better to identify the characteristics you want and go looking for them rather than picking out what's aesthetically pleasing and hoping they will fir into your lifestyle.

Reactions: Huggy and carthorse
Sorry you lost your poodle, but agree - make sure you're looking at the right breed for your lifestyle, and try to find an owners' website to talk to people who know the breed. Maybe visit a reputable breeder to discuss with them.

I think the Bernadoodle is one of those designer breeds that isn't established enough yet to have their own characteristics. When you mix 2 breeds with very different characteristics I think it's a bit of a lottery what you end up with.

We have a Pyrepoo (Pyrenean x poodle). He was one of a litter of 11 and the puppies vary a lot both in looks and temperament.

Sorry you lost your dog x

Reactions: Huggy and carthorse
Do you mean "Mongrel"? If so, good luck.
I had a Bernese Mountain dog. She was lovely. Thick as shit. Seriously stupid. Every day was new. She died very young because her eyebrows were in the right place, her mother had won her Crufts' class and she had bad hips. Poodles are very clever, so hopefully you will get something that has some intellect.

As for everything else, you pays your money, you takes your chance. Some will be curly, some won't. My neighbour has a Bernese Mountain dog x lurcher and tbh, I would not be able identify anything Bernese about her.

Enjoy xx - either every day will be new or she will be the one with the remote and sofa and Ben and Jerry's and you will be outside watching the tv from the garden!

• Haha
Reactions: carthorse and Huggy
newrider.com