Lost belguim haflinger passport help!!!

emmabailey

I love my haff!
Nov 17, 2008
Hi, If anyone can help me I would be so grateful...

I have had my haf about 4 months now and sent off the passport to Belguim so I could get the ownership details changed. However it has not returned! His name on the passport is something like Nathan Von Papen but I cant fully remember. IT was green with gold edging round the front cover and had a cut out part on the front so you could see his name. Does anyone know of any belguim passport agencies I can ring? He was fully registered but I could not tell whether he had a microchip number as I couldnt read the passport! Also if this has happened to anyone else what can you do about it as technically he is an illegal imigrant!!

Thank you if anyone can help

Emma and Bailey x

Hi, If anyone can help me I would be so grateful...

I have had my haf about 4 months now and sent off the passport to Belguim so I could get the ownership details changed. However it has not returned! His name on the passport is something like Nathan Von Papen but I cant fully remember. IT was green with gold edging round the front cover and had a cut out part on the front so you could see his name. Does anyone know of any belguim passport agencies I can ring? He was fully registered but I could not tell whether he had a microchip number as I couldnt read the passport! Also if this has happened to anyone else what can you do about it as technically he is an illegal imigrant!!

Thank you if anyone can help

Emma and Bailey x

All (recent) Belgian passports are green with the cut out part to read the name of the horse.
They are generally issued by the breed societies (especially if your horse is registered) so you might want to contact them first but you'll probably need the horse's name and registration number, if possible.
Who did you send your passport to for the ownership details ? Again it's the breed society who should take care of this.

However, as your horse is an "import" (to the UK) or an "export" (from Belgium), Belgium would expect the UK to be issuing a UK passport (and eventually send the Belgian back to Belgium ?)

This link might be a good starting point ;)
http://home.scarlet.be/haflingersite/

Thanks you!!

Thank you for your help, passport arrived back finally after a bill of 70 for my phone calls to Belgium! Who would have horses!?!!!!!

So lesson learnt! Always take a photo copy before sending the original.I have been caught so many times like that,but never in a different country.

newrider.com