Men for Christmas?

KathyT

Jul 13, 2001
Hampshire
Visit site
No it's not a competion for all you single (or not!) females! Would the men on New Rider please let us know what you would consider to be good horsey pressies for xmas. Try to keep it sensible, if we could afford top class horses we would buy them for ourselves not you lot!
I would like to get the other half a pair of trousers/breeches/jeans that would be suitable for riding but not being a bloke myself your recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D

Horsey gifts for men for christmas eh?

Well speaking as a man and one that has just started riding my list is extensive for horsey presents but I will list just a few:

Another pair of jod's (with proper pockets!)

Heather's book (A must for everyone I believe)

A few pairs of nice tight boxers to keep everything where it is meant to be!

A jockey cover for my helmet ( I know they look tacky but I AM tacky :D )

A crop.

Those would be the basics, my 2 ultimate I will love you forever gifts would be: Some full length leather riding boots and a GPA helmet but only cos they look tasty! Not because I have aspirations, nope ;)

Anyway that is my wish list, and as my wife is a member of NR too hopefully she will get to this post eventually.

How about a calendar with pictures of nude farriers at work? I read about it somewhere:D

For you floppy of course - not people's husbands!!!

Schlalt
thank for giving me your xmas list but can you be more specific on the Jods? Have you found a pair that don't make you look like a prat? (not that i'm saying you look like a prat, i've never met you, but oh well you know what I mead :p )

As for calenders I thought I might get the man in my life one from www.cadrc.org.uk which are saucy lady and horses (don't know if the horses are feely saucy!). It has been done by the Chapel &B District Riding Club with proceeds going to the Bob Champion Cancer Trust.

Sorry Yann and Hel I know nothing about nude farriers!

Floppy, would't we all!

Re. the calendar

I think it was mentioned on the uk.rec.equestrian NG - maybe post about it on there, they might be able to enlighten you bout it?

Unfortunately all jod's make me look like a prat and I think most men will look a total twonk in jod's. Probably why not many men ride, women look better in them than men do:D

I am currently wearing Colt Wear jod's, but the big reason I chose them is because they had nice deep pockets, well deep enough to hold car keys, wallet etc... I can't speak for all men of course but that is one of the main things I look for in jod's.

Maybe your man would prefer breeches over jod's?

Yann - in Canada we have a similar calendar out this year called "The Men of Dressage" - the cover has a shirtless guy (not sure who it is but would be interested to find out!) posing with his horse.

This is causing quite a controversy here (but not as big a controversy as when our national tv station wouldn't give an ice hockey commentator a raise and he almost quit - only in Canada).

I am contemplating ordering the calendar but my husband might not be so free and easy about all the time I spend at the barn!

I'm afraid that some of us just do not have horsey partners. I also agree with some comments about your thread's title. Anyway he's a lucky man - try posting a thread calling all
EE board men to the rescue - that might get you some of the replies you're searching for.

Um. Well personally speaking, and bearing the reasonable cost of a present in mind, I'd like a decent pair of gloves. Especially this winter. If it is someone who knows you and your size then jods or breeches are always appreciated. Especially in anything other than beige, cream, or white! It is difficult finding a variety as a bloke.

Finally I read recently the male version of the wunder bra (i.e. wunder pants) have been brought out. They sound useful! should keep everything up-front?!

After an awful patch which I am experiencing at work at tle moment, only you ladies could make me smile. Kelsey, where can I order that calendar "Men of Dressage"? It's about time that men are turned into sex objects, in particular associated to horses...

sorry - couldn't resist ...

Hey Floppy, its even better than you imagined because if you get a man for Xmas - you get your nice surprise and wear him around for a while and then if you still have your receipt you can swap him for something you really want when the stores open....!

:D :eek: ;)

I think this is the place with the farrier calendar:

http://www.heavy-horse-riding-club.co.uk/

Click on their "sexy stuff!!!" link on the bottom of their navigation bar.

5% of the profit from the sales of their Alternative Calendar 2003 will go to the ILPH so an even better reason to buy it... almost

:p

It's just a pity you can't see what you are buying before hand, and also ordering seems to be a bit painful (print off the form etc...).

what a pity, in order to view their "sexy stuff" you need to become a paying member.
By the way, I couldn't bare the thought that "men are for life, not just for Xmas"!

newrider.com