Monkey's face is so much better :D:D

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Took some photos of madams face last night... just compared them. Look at a weekend on butes effects :eek::D Im not overly happy about her being on it - tried to wean her off today, but she had clearly been itching when I got up there tonight - bizarre weather not helping I think - warm and wet is her worst state.

This was a couple of weeks ago...
30062010737.jpg

This one was taken on the 8th, so 5 days prior to photos underneath...

08072010810.jpg

Yesterday
140720101000.jpg

140720101002.jpg

Im so pleased - her leg patches are starting to regrow hair - just got the tail to sort now!!! :D

Oh bless her my heart does go out to her she is so lucky she has you. What an improvement and at least its encouragement enough to persist with what you are doing.:bounce:

Yep itching over and over... its just been so nice to have her not bleeding from somewhere for a few days 0 if its not face, its legs , not legs its tummy or tail LOL.

Just gotta work out what to do now... tried to cut bute to 1/2 sachet today... got up to find she had itched...but couldnt check for damage as too wet and windy and they were all on their toes being stupid :rolleyes:

Rosie does very similar just below her ears, just rubs it raw. Interesting it's healing with bute....
Yes, typically the easiest thing to try after all this... Lol. Its an anti inflam, so because her reactions are all over not just point of contact seems to help. Didn't touch lameness mind! Lol. Also got anti inflam healing cream called flamazine.

She started on the ears now snuggy hood off. Seriously fab rugs, if you can get it on before it all starts :) just bought a corner stone browbands partial hood to try. She got too got in snugg hood and trashed back end of them-she got to bad on legs and so all of her blew up so to speak. stumped now though, drop bute and low level itching occurs, would hoping it would break cycle. Don't really want to keep on in for good!

After someone posted a link on here for this stuff...

http://www.nettex-supplies.co.uk/nettex_fly_repellent_2.html

I (hesitantly) bought a tub and can't believe how fantastic it is. It has stopped my Roxy rubbing her face to shreds, and I used it on the underside of Junior's bleeding and semi-bald dock and not only has he stopped rubbing, but the wounds have healed. I only used it twice on both of them. It might be worth a shot for your girl, PF.

I swear by my snuggy hoods rug - I've had it off for the last few days but it's been a real lifesaver this summer! Also swear by Naffoff fly gel, put on daily it works wonders!

Good on you for doing so much to help your little girlie :)

Yeah our snuggy hoods have been fab - that is why her eyes and nose are sore, but not parts in between. However, she gets rubs really easily and they were making sores on the tops of her legs, and she trashed the back end - lasted a lot longer than I thought they would though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've now got this WB summer sheet - ordered a second - its like a rambo hoody but fits madam better - along with full face mask - although just bought a cornerstone borwbands mask so we will see how that goes :)

And I wouldn't say it was "healing" with bute - the bute seems to kill the itch, which is giving the skin a chance to sort itself out.

Wanted to get leg photos today, but with the weather being wet and field muddy as so sparse didnt want to wet legs unnecessarily.

They are also running about heads up bums style with the high winds - was madness this morning :eek:

After someone posted a link on here for this stuff...

http://www.nettex-supplies.co.uk/nettex_fly_repellent_2.html

I (hesitantly) bought a tub and can't believe how fantastic it is. It has stopped my Roxy rubbing her face to shreds, and I used it on the underside of Junior's bleeding and semi-bald dock and not only has he stopped rubbing, but the wounds have healed. I only used it twice on both of them. It might be worth a shot for your girl, PF.

This stuff is AMAZING !! If you see my other posts, I started using it and Ruben's face hair grew back within 3 weeks. I'm feeding him Brewers Yeast like there's no tomorrow as well, and he's totally stopped itching all together. Amazing stuff !!

Also, best fly spray (don't laugh) mix about an inch of original detol with water on a sprayer and use all over....flys hate the stuff and it lasts all day! Checked with the vet...its fine to use.

Hope she gets better xx

newrider.com