More blood taken and wee too!lol

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Gosh, how glam is horse keeping! Last night, about 9pm I sort of "knew" Storm would need a wee - she normally does one whilst OH hangs her net up! So, bucket at the ready (on vets orders - I don't normally make a hobby out of wee catching:tongue:) I managed to get some, gosh I was pleased with myself, but had only an empty Sainsbury's Basics litre water bottle to hand to pour it into!!:giggle: Vet been again this morning and taken more bloods - poor Storm is still not herself. He has also drawn fluid off the lumps near hear udder - she was so good for him, he put a bit of stuff on to numb it, but she was very calm even with the shaver. She really must be feeling out of sorts!! The antibiotics haven't worked obviously - she had the last one this morning. Anybody else had horses with mystery lumps? She still isn't right at all - eating but not in her normal huge amounts. He had a look inside too - couldn't feel anything wrong, nothing obvious anyways which is good. She has been thoroughly prodded and poked today:skull: The horse flies are awful here today, I am toying with idea of turning her out much later complete with rug of course.
Vet said it would be sensible to not expose her to the horrid insects as it would make her want to run away from them and she is in no fit state for that.
Has anybody's horse sucessfully had treatment for lumps / growths? He did say it wasn't in the normal place - as it was further back than they normally appear.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Sorry to hear she is still not feeling herself but fingers crossed the test will come back with something.
Sending healing vibes and scratches for her x

Thanks - I hope we get to the bottom of it. Vet suspects either a tumour or some kind of infection. She has the added complication of being stiff from behind already - which had worsened a little when she'd been stood in. Still wouldn't account for such dramatic stiffness all at once tho.

Minnie has a few lumps in places she should not, but as they are not causing any symptoms the vets says leave alone... hope its not too serious T:happy:

No cupcakes today, but strawberries and cream if you like:biggrin:

Sorry have no idea and no experience of this but I hope she feels better soon and vet finds out what it is so you can sort it out xx

Sorry that I have no useful advice or experience to offer - just sending hugs and healing vibes.

Has the Vet tried her on Metacam? Worked wonders on Shadow when he was ill.. sending healing vibes XX

No, what does it do?

He has upped her bute dose to see if the stiffness is truly related to her arthritis or part of the virus / potential tumour. Its all very much up in the air if you know what I mean - she is no worse today, but no better.
Having said that the swelling has gone down near her udders. She isn't just herself though and I won't be leaving her out for long - she is shrouded in her fly rug but I reckon she'll have had enough by lunch time.

Thank you all for the healing vibes too. I will pass them onto her. I am trying to be jolly around her, she is so sensitive that she will pick up on my worry if I am not careful.

No, what does it do?

He has upped her bute dose to see if the stiffness is truly related to her arthritis or part of the virus / potential tumour. Its all very much up in the air if you know what I mean - she is no worse today, but no better.
Having said that the swelling has gone down near her udders. She isn't just herself though and I won't be leaving her out for long - she is shrouded in her fly rug but I reckon she'll have had enough by lunch time.

My Vet used it instead of Bute when Shadow had that infection back at Easter. It also helps bring the temp down and helps them to feel more comfortable :
http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/metacam-15mgml-oral-suspension-for-horses-250ml.html

newrider.com