More Positive Today

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
After my last self pitying post:redface: I am happy to report that today I feel much better.

We have now ridden for 9 out of the last 11 days :help: Tobes was very tired whilst being tacked up today - hee hee! Even felt I could have managed the little moor tonight, but as we wanted to hand our notice in, did the main road block.

Normally, I am fairly fraught doing this, whilst there is no off road work, it is a main and busy road.

However, Tobes is mostly good in traffic, unless he has his silly head on in which case he leaps about and kicks out. Today he had his good head on, which in fairness, apart from depositing me on the moor, he has had on for quite a while. A bus passed, a truck and trailer, and loads of cars. Pheasants JUST EVERYWHERE, and he barely batted an eyelid. For the first time since I can remember, I have not felt nervous AT ALL. He was fearful coming out of the gate from the yard as there are digging works that have taken place, but the best thing was he really tried. We have taken to going first, or he just hides behind Amber, and that hides a multitude of sins. Although it was only one foot at a time, I asked nicely, and he tried, and I released the pressure, til he got up his courage and walked straight past. Very different to his, no, I can't and am planting my feet right here! A loose shoot dog worried him, coupled with the quad which he was very interested in, but although hesitant and doing his 'one foot at a time', he did it. So I am very, very pleased with young master Tobes today.

Am hoping that I will bank this feeling as Nat says, and carry it on to go up to the little moor today.

newrider.com