Morning hack - no wind then!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, am full of the joys of hacking and life in general:D Managed a small hack before work today - after I'd mucked out and groomed etc - didn't go far but it was lovely to enjoy it before work. And, there wasn't any wind! Nipped home just now tho and its blowing a hooly - don't think I'd have been quite so brave if it had been like that! For some reason - because I was still a bit sleepy me thinks;) I was really really relaxed. Storm was as good as gold, she even went past some dreadful black flappy stuff (It was more me that worried than her) we had no bucks or bolts of fear, not even snorting - just a little sidestep:D zippidy doo **..........feeling very fulll of it now...just had to share:D Do any of you feel more relaxed hacking when you're a bit tired around the edges?

I am still very iffy with hacking in wind with Arnold:eek:. I can cope in company but I have to confess to not having the nerve to hack solo. A couple of weeks ago I did have to hack down to my neighbours solo (about half a mile) and was really really chuffed that I got there intact but we didnt go out for long afterwards as it was just crazy.

It has been really really windy here recently - far more so that usual. Anyone else noticed that?

Its been very windy here lately - miles more than usual! We were lucky during the winter as it wasn't so bad as it could have been. Somehow the wind in summer bothers me a bit less (at night in bed I mean - I worry about the stables blowing away etc!!!!!) but in summer it doesn't seem so bad? (even tho am a wuss about hacking in it!)

It must be the day for it because today I took Jim for a very short hack (about a quarter of a mile down the lane :eek:). Well I say hack but it was more like a picnic, he came back with some very bright green lipstick on & hopefully good memories rather than stressy ones :).

I'm so glad the wind's dropped here, it was getting past a joke. I rode in it on Monday & couldn't hear a word my RI was screaming if I was at the wrong end of the school. Then I got rained on yesterday. The only problem is now everywhere's damp & the wind's dropped there are midges everywhere :mad:.

Yes - I thought it was just me :) I felt it had been a particularly windy spring, and for it still to be so windy in May seems odd? Even on sunny days, there can be quite gusty winds.

I have to admit, Jackson is still not 100% with his regained hacking enthusiasm, so on very windy days I just fly the Jackson kite along the local off-road track on the end of a lead rope. We have mastered high school dressage now - he can apparently trot sideways at the same speed as I can walk briskly :D We have had some days so windy that even the dog walkers who use the same path were commenting on it.

Mind you, I am permanently sleepy these days - I had the pre-Swine flu cold a few weeks ago and haven't shaken it off. So maybe that's helping my devil-may-care attitude :D

Mind you, I am permanently sleepy these days - I had the pre-Swine flu cold a few weeks ago and haven't shaken it off. So maybe that's helping my devil-may-care attitude :D

Oh no!:eek: Rotten things colds.....I do ride better when I am either sleepy or coming down with something or pre-menstrual - most weird.:confused:

he came back with some very bright green lipstick on & hopefully good memories rather than stressy ones :).

:.

Hehehehe, reminds me of a riding school horse I was once walking to the indoor school, he took advantage of my novice-ness and grabbed a mouthful of the lovely purply coloured flowers nearby.....OH spent the whole lesson giggling at him........:D

"Tired at the edges" as in, after a long hack and two glasses of red wine?:D
Yup, tried that once and it was goooooooood......... Funny how my horse felt completely relaxed too!! If Id have fallen off then it wouldnt have hurt at all Im sure.
I used to run courses for the probation service for people who had been caught drink driving more than once and the amazing thing was that it was full of "roofers" who described getting utterly p.ss.d at lunchtime, falling 60 ft and not noticing. I am not recommending this as good advice by the way.
Windy is NOT good - my horse walks sideways in strong wind like a crab.

I sometimes think sideyways has it's good points Skippys Mum, the main ones being if his lordship's going sideways at least he isn't in flat out panicked bolt mode or doing increasingly big bounces on the spot. Little things please me a lot nowadays.

What was Arnie up to?

Just being his usual diddy self in the wind. He was an angel till we came round a corner and the wind blasted us - so we jogged sideyways for the next mile:rolleyes:

Trouble is, he's got a wee short stride at the best of times and its very unseating when we are skittering along:)

Ooh you have my sympathy, I hate little short strides & it's even worse when they jog & bounce. I always feel like I should be noticably thinner after that sort of a ride but to date I've always been disappointed :(

It was pretty windy this morning. It took us a few minutes to get going, heading into the wind. Then we plodded on, head down. Strangely enough, we were wind assisted coming home and did the trip in half the time... :D

Hehehe, you had the wind beneath your heels (well your hoss did then!) I didn't hack this morning - it was far too wet - and I was already late for work.......must try tomorrow tho!

Well I say hack but it was more like a picnic, he came back with some very bright green lipstick on & hopefully good memories rather than stressy ones :).

Well on most of our hacks dee comes back with green lipstick also-maby someone should tell ponies that green lipstick is not a good look! :rolleyes:

newrider.com