my confidence is getting better!! (so is my bday!)

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
sooooo...after my other thread about being depressed cos its my birthday, i went up to see the neddies, so i feel happier now!

I rode moet in the school for 30 mins - she bucked in canter, i elegantly dismounted in a hurry as i had no control at all.....was a bit shaken up to be honest...BUT....calmed down, got back on and then had another 3 canters!! :D for those of you who dont know my lack of confidence issues - 6 months ago i would prob have cried my eyes out and then refuse to canter again for months and months. Moet was good as gold for the rest of the half hour, then i decided that we should go for a nice birthday hack (ALONE!!!)....had originally planned a short 30 mins loop up the lane/around the bridleway and back....went up the lane, got to the bridleway point and decided to carry on past on the main road down to the village, through the village, around the fields and home - including a long canter (lacking brakes tonight though) in the fields. so ended up hacking alone for over an hour!! :D:D:D

Yey!! although did have a near miss on the road when a dog spooked her and she went backwards (i wasnt concentrating and almost fell off over her shoulder! lol)

Wore my new body protector that i had for my birthday! gonna take a while to get used to the heat in it though!! i was boiling!

You can always rely on the horses to put a smile on your face :) I'm so glad that your day got better.

Thats fantastic that you had the confidence to get back on and canter her again 3 times! And hacking alone for an hour... sounds like the best birthday present ever :D

I always wear a body protector too and it does get really hot but I would rather grin and bear it than risk going without.

Happy birthday :)

newrider.com