My day with a handsome Fell-a ;-)

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
My OH half and I went to the same show as OBC for the day on bank holiday monday. The sun was shining it was perfect weather for a show. We took fash our dog along for the day too.

The plan was to leave at 9am but someone rang out about a saddle I had for sale so waited over and hour for them to come view it and still not buy it :frown: even though they were only going to be 20 mins GRRRRRRRR.

Finally we set off for the show got lost once on the way :( lol But my friend was just walking to the rings when we got there... She has the very stunning Fell stallion Ludworth Viking an 11 year old stallion who she has owned for 3 years before that he was wild on the Fells.... I can honestly say I have never met a more well behaved stallion his manners are beautiful a real gentleman. His first class was the 65cm workers with his lovely rider Sarah they did a smashing clear round and a lovely show and came first in there class so were into the workers championship :)

His next class was the mountain and moorland inhand with Nicki his owner, he won his inhand class so was into the inhand Championship :)

Next was stallion and colt inhand which he also won he looked so shiny with his long mane flowing by now nicki with her damaged back was starting to flag a little bless.

Then came his ridden mountain and moorland which he also won this boy was on a roll today, so many tack. bridle and bit changes and all the time he stood absolutle still like a true professional :)

So not bad he was into all 3 championships inhand, ridden and workers :) fabulous result for his owner.... Great result for a Fell that was running wild 3 years ago !!!!!

He did the inhand championship and was narrowly beaton by a stunning Highland pony out of the Queens Balmoral stud...... Then In the workker poor little Viking was the only pony in with three huge hunter types two of which won the workers championship but great that little Vikking got to the championship :)

Finally it was the ridden championship Jack was in a big class and to his owners great delight he took the Ridden Championship beating some very nice horses.... wow i so love this Stallion I want to steal him and take him home with me.

Viking winning his championship sash :)

Last edited:
He is stunning and sounds like such a lovely guy! I bet his owner and riders are so pleased with him! :biggrin:

Once all the showing was finished Nicki his owner and me bullied my OH to get onboard and ride Ludworth viking off the showground I think the smile on my OH face says it all.... This beside the professionall photos ( http://www.smile-event-photography.co.uk/rainbow-show-showing-classes ) was my favourite picture of the day :wub::wub::wub::wub:

My OH who is a complete novice got to ride his first stallion ( wild stallion has he said lol wait till he meets a real wild stallion later in the year lol when we go to Fell pony stud visits lol) and super duper Viking was a complete gentleman....

Last edited:
The best news of the day was Nicki :wub::wub:Ludworth Viking:wub::wub: owner has offered me a service to this stunning guy. So My Lovely Eva is going away this next month for a rendevous with this gorgeous Fell-a to hopefully make a :inlove:stunning foalie:inlove: for next spring ....... whoop whoop whoop I am so excited I could burst:bounce:

I am not allowed to keep stallions on my rented land so if we get a good colt foal Nicki is going to bring it up and show it for us and see if it is good enough to liscence as a stallion in his own right :D :D and if we get a filly foal we are going to keep it with Eva and show it ourselves .....

Last edited:
He was a smashing pony and so well manned out my boy to shame.

Well done and very deserved.

I have just looked at the photo's will go off to buy one of Ginger in a minute

newrider.com