My first attempt at using proper clippers (but not Shadow's)

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
picture.php

Not the best pictures, due to the light. I got offered the chance to use clippers on my boy, so today we finally got round to doing it. I'd decided on a high trace which ends at his hind leg, and also to remove all feathers and re-hog.
Due to fidgety butt, we didn't finish his legs, I decided to call it a day and continue tomo, but we've still got a trace clip done, it and legs just need a tidy up.

picture.php

picture.php

The last picture is the one that shows trace clip needs to come higher up his shoulder, but not to worry, sort that tomo :smile:

I've also noticed his weight is defo going in the right direction, he no longer looks bloated (thank goodness!), his legs are pretty clean, and he over all seems so much happier, ears pricked even when I brought the saddle and bridle round, for some work :smile:

The boy looks good!!!

Thanks :biggrin: I really can't believe he's the same horse I was worrying about just two weeks ago. I'm starting to wonder if the infection he had actually caused him to be bloated as well as the grass :unsure:

I won't get proper clippers, because my lass could be bald. No one on our yard owns any-least no one has clipped her.

I wonder how slim I could get her looking though! :giggle:

I won't get proper clippers, because my lass could be bald. No one on our yard owns any-least no one has clipped her.

I wonder how slim I could get her looking though! :giggle:

I did say I'd start with a trace, and if it went wrong, go to a blanket, then if all fails, a full clip... :giggle:

Looks good DS - nearer to an Irish Chaser clip that I do on Dolly than a trace clip? I like it on Dolly...I take it further back along the belly than yours, 'tis great at giving the optical illusion of less tummy for my slightly podgy girleen!:giggle:

Looks good DS - nearer to an Irish Chaser clip that I do on Dolly than a trace clip? I like it on Dolly...I take it further back along the belly than yours, 'tis great at giving the optical illusion of less tummy for my slightly podgy girleen!:giggle:

He didn't make the legs very easy, but he needed those off, surprisingly clean legged underneath for someone who's supposed to have mites.. he's just sensitive skinned.

Looking good, and a big well done for remember to include pictures! I think you've made a really good job, in fact if you could just pop round and do ours...

Looking good, and a big well done for remember to include pictures! I think you've made a really good job, in fact if you could just pop round and do ours...

You should have seen the hairs..... took me ages to get them all out of my clothes, not to mention other places.................. :redface: :giggle:

Very Good DS.

I had my first go at clipping this year too.

Not as easy as it looks to get lines straight, so I think you have done a very good job.

I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed the satisfaction of getting the hair off.

I have never had the opportunity to do it myself before, having been on DIY with no electric.

I could get quite carried away with the whole thing. I am thinking if I clip again later this year, I might have a go at some 'Arty' stencils on her bum:smile:

newrider.com