Near Miss

horsey1

Apr 5, 2005
Midlothian
I have been using the yards trailer an Ifor Williams to do some pleasure rides with Angus :) anyway yesterday went to the yard to do some loading practice as he is not keen :rolleyes:

Took the trailer out and noticed some grass growing on the floor, where the hay seeds have landed, so lifted the rubber matting and my foot went straight through the floor :eek::eek: I felt so sick as I have used this trailer a few time recently!

I am so glad it was my foot and not my beautiful horse, so please beware to check your trailer floors reguarly it just does not bear thinking about

totally agree - even more so when it is not yours if you get my meaning - never take a persons word for their transport being ok

Ahh that's so scary!!!
Recently my friends arab fell through the lorry floor (on the way back from the vets!!), it had just been checked and they said it was safe, so he was in liverpool vets and in the end he had to be put down:( cost them £10,000 in vets bills!!!
xxx

Oh....my! Such a scary thing to think about, never mind happen.
Hope you're OK! Thank the lord it wasn't more serious, did you bring it up with the YO?

what is the yard saying about the trailer???

That's shocking!!!!

Nikki xxxx

That's awful. I'm replying to this so that the message goes back to the top. ALL of us with trailers need to read it.

I've just had the floor checked and rubber matted in my trailer. All well thankfully. The awful possibilities you describe are part of my favourite nightmare when towing.:eek:.

what is the yard saying about the trailer???

That's shocking!!!!

Nikki xxxx

Not very much tbh:eek: they are going to get a metal floor put in it, but i suppose I should have checked it :eek: but then if your paying them to hire it they should make sure its safe:mad: it was not just me using it either

All I can say is thank god my foot went through it and not Angus's :eek:

I'm usually fairly good at thinking up nightmare scenarios but that one has never occurred to me. I feel a bit sick now. :eek:

I don't own a horse but I will tell my RI because they travel with theirs a lot. They had a trailer with 2 horses in it turn over on the road last year, luckily both horses and humans were fine but it was horrible to think about what might have happened.

Good job you noticed when you did, give yourself a pat on the back! :)

Blimey! I make sure I jump up and down on mine now!! I have known a horse at our yard to go thru the lorry floor before but luckily he turned out fine, just had some nasty cuts.

newrider.com